Albertan herper

General use board for NAFHA-related items.

Moderators: Scott Waters, Don Becker

Redneckherper

Albertan herper

Post by Redneckherper » June 8th, 2012, 6:52 pm

hello I'm new to this forum although i have been reading posts on it for over a year :thumb: Im from Edmonton ,Alberta Canada. Here in alberta we only have 18 species of reptiles and amphibians. 6 snakes, 1 turtle, 1 lizard, 2 salamanders, 4 toads , 4 frogs. here in the city of edmonton we only have 1 snake which is the red sided garter snake. which no one every sees :cry: I've only seen one . hopefully there are more Albertan herpers out there. You people living in the U.S.A are lucky for herps. here in canada we not so lucky for herps. .execpt for ontario has good herps. In canada we only have 2 species of Venomous snake.Prairie rattlesnake and the massasauga rattle snake. he we can't flip rocks for snakes there too rare. :| Cheers :)

Chris Smith

Re: Albertan herper

Post by Chris Smith » June 10th, 2012, 3:36 pm

Welcome to the forums, I look forward to your posts. I live in Minnesota, which is also herp depauperate compared to many of the southern states. It is still great to see photos of northern herps and especially cool to see habitat photos!

Happy Herpin'
Chris

Jordan S.

Re: Albertan herper

Post by Jordan S. » June 11th, 2012, 5:16 pm

I live in Florida, but if I recall, I remember seeing a Saskatchewan post and their was bullsnakes and prairie rattlesnakes.
Welcome to the forum :)

-Jordan