New Feature on Database...thx Don...

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Brian Hubbs

New Feature on Database...thx Don...

Post by Brian Hubbs »

Now, when you do a search for a species you will not only see the date of the record, but also the time of the record (below the date). I asked Don to add this feature to help me find my entries faster. Sometimes it's difficult to locate a species when you have more than one of them from the same county on the same day, sometimes I have 30 or 40 from the same day...so the time notation really helps. I hope others will find this feature useful too... :thumb: Of course, if you didn't include the time on your entry it won't help you at all. :roll:
dery

Re: New Feature on Database...thx Don...

Post by dery »

It definitely helps me. I have had records of mine and others W/ very similar data that confused me when searching my records in the new records.
spinifer

Post by spinifer »

Will take some getting used to, but yeah, helpful especially when you have entered 250 Actinemys marmorata in a row. :lol:
dery

Post by dery »

spinifer wrote:Will take some getting used to, but yeah, helpful especially when you have entered 250 Actinemys marmorata in a row. :lol:
:roll: yeh. or the more common turtle sp. in my area: trachemys scripta.
Brian Hubbs

Post by Brian Hubbs »

I do NOT have 250 marmorata from the same day in the same county...not even 250 from the same day (most i can find in the DB is 32 on the same day)...but I know that was a joke... :lol: 8-)
dery

Post by dery »

Brian Hubbs wrote:I do NOT have 250 marmorata from the same day in the same county...not even 250 from the same day (most i can find in the DB is 32 on the same day)...but I know that was a joke... :lol: 8-)
He may have been exaggerating Hubbs. :lol:
Raymond McConnell

Post by Raymond McConnell »

It definitely helps me. I have had records of mine and others W/ very similar data that confused me when searching my records in the new records.
Dery: I'm confused as to how this helps you. I always look at your records as you post them and haven't seen one with the time of day on it yet.
dery

Post by dery »

Raymond McConnell wrote:
Dery: I'm confused as to how this helps you. I always look at your records as you post them and haven't seen one with the time of day on it yet.
Other people's posts do, so when I'm trying to edit my records for mistakes, I find and edit them quicker after logging in.
Brian Hubbs

Post by Brian Hubbs »

The only way this will help anyone is if they have the time on their entry...and if they do not have the record number on their photo...if you have the record number on your photo you don't need this new feature, but I have over 6,000 pics without the record number on them, but most have times recorded in the entries.
dery

Post by dery »

Brian Hubbs wrote:The only way this will help anyone is if they have the time on their entry...and if they do not have the record number on their photo...if you have the record number on your photo you don't need this new feature, but I have over 6,000 pics without the record number on them, but most have times recorded in the entries.
Yeh, I think I only have my copyright on my pics, no numbers.
spinifer

Post by spinifer »

Raymond McConnell wrote:
Lol. Have you seen a herp yet in his vouchers either? :lol: :lol:
Owen

Post by Owen »

I noticed that today while entering... Actinemys marmorata :mrgreen:
dery

Post by dery »

spinifer wrote:
Raymond McConnell wrote:
Lol. Have you seen a herp yet in his vouchers either? :lol: :lol:
Eh Spinifer??? :?
spinifer

Post by spinifer »

Eh Spinifer???
Sorry, Dery. I'm ribbing you a little bit to try and get you to improve your voucher quality. Ask Santa for a new camera. :lol:
Brian Hubbs

Post by Brian Hubbs »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Voucher number is written in photo title dery, like this: Turtle-Record#140956.jpg...not on the photo... :lol: But, since were on that topic, here's how I arrange my pics:

I put all the different species in their own folders, I write the title of the pic like this: X=WPT-SLO-DicksPond.jpg That means a Pond turtle that has been photoshopped (=) and entered (X) from San Luis Obispo County (SLO) from Dick's pond (location). I can also add the record # to any photo following the location. The original version (if i keep one) is written like this: X-WPT-SLO-DicksPond.jpg. (-) denotes un-photoshopped-original. This system sorts all my pics by county and locality.

Owen: I'll deal with you later... :lol: You stay away from my turtles...
Owen

Post by Owen »

Your turtles? Well, I've been going to this pond since I was knee-high to a... uh... giraffe ;) . That be about 40yrs :shock:
Brian Hubbs

Post by Brian Hubbs »

I have laid claim to all Actinemys, everywhere... :lol: