Moderator: Scott Waters

TimCO

NAFHA National Meeting Sept 20-22

Post by TimCO »

Save the Date

gretzkyrh4

Re: NAFHA National Meeting Sept 20-22

Post by gretzkyrh4 »

hmm...another reason to start petitioning the boss for a little more vacation time this year.
dery

Post by dery »

I'll be there.
Biker Dave

Post by Biker Dave »

Strange ... I don't recall the IB or the membership voting on this. Are we not following the by laws anymore?
dery

Post by dery »

Biker Dave wrote:Strange ... I don't recall the IB or the membership voting on this. Are we not following the by laws anymore?
Dave, I recall spinifer saying the following: "its a joint FHF-NAFHA meeting. Therefore no voting approval necessary."
hellihooks

Post by hellihooks »

dery wrote:
Biker Dave wrote:Strange ... I don't recall the IB or the membership voting on this. Are we not following the by laws anymore?
Dave, I recall spinifer saying the following: "its a joint FHF-NAFHA meeting. Therefore no voting approval necessary."
Nate said... IF we called it what it is...joint FHF-NAFHA meeting.... no voting required.
Read the announcement poster... it says NAFHA... so one would think Nafha rules would apply.

Son... you need to stay hell n gone from anything with even the word 'joint' in it... :crazyeyes: :lol: :lol: jim
Biker Dave

Post by Biker Dave »

If we are going to be a real organization than we need to start acting as one. And just a few people arbitrarily deciding on their own that an event that "appears" to be sanctioned by NAFHA does not follow that rule.

If we are going to do this repeatedly in the future we need to amend the By-laws to show that such an event exists and how it is determined where it is to take place.

Dave
kyle loucks

Post by kyle loucks »

NAFHA rules will apply, just as they did for snake road. Bylaws pertaining to a national meeting could use a bit of tweaking and could probably be amended to include a vote. The problem I see with this is that we could vote on anywhere but still would need folks to step up and do the organizing.
ricrabt

Post by ricrabt »

Perhaps chapter can bid for hosting rights a year in advance then the membership could vote if there is more than one bid. That would insure the chapter would feel they are up to the task. I know the southwestern desert was discussed for 2014. I know the IB plans on discussing this issue. More to come...John