NW chapter needs representation

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

AndyO'Connor

NW chapter needs representation

Post by AndyO'Connor »

I did a horrible job (nothing) for the NW chapter in 2012, and the chapter is going to be put on probation or shut down unless some people want to hold nominations and be IB members. I haven't entered any data in over a year, and although I will do plenty of herping, this year is going to be really busy for me personally and there is no way I have the time or energy to invest in any herp business. Anyone interested in being officers and anything else necessary to keep the chapter alive should talk to Fundad, or visit the NAFHA main forum and ask for what needs to be done. I know this in itself is a half-assed way to handle this on my part (but that's my point, I don't really even pay attention to the rules and stuff about nominations, voting, adding/removing members, etc.).
AndyO'Connor

Re: NW chapter needs representation

Post by AndyO'Connor »

I didn't mean to imply Fundad as the only point of contact, there are plenty of people that could be contacted about this, but with the recent forum changes, I wasn't able to edit my first thread.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Anyone willing to step up to the task?

-Chris
Verhoodled

Post by Verhoodled »

Dang. Part of me wishes I was still in Eugene. I was out there a decade ago, but preoccupied with music and school. It truly didn't occur to me until after I left all the incredible herps I'd missed out on. Funny the tunnel vision we get diving too deeply down one rabbit hole at the expense of seeing everything else. Wasted herping opportunity in the incredible NW is one of my big regrets I hope to re-address before the day is done.

Any NW herpers, please step up if you can.
PNWHerper

Post by PNWHerper »

I am interested, but am unsure of the time investment needed nor what the commitments entail. I will message Fundad about it.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

PNWHerper wrote:I am interested, but am unsure of the time investment needed nor what the commitments entail. I will message Fundad about it.
:thumb:

Minimally, there should be two officers (President and VP). Ideally both would actively participate in forum discussions on the public (and private-officer) forums. From there, the amount of time dedicated to the organization is based largely on your level of interest and "free-time" (e.g., data entry, public outreach, etc.).

:D

-Chris