Frequently used coordinates

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

jeffro

Frequently used coordinates

Post by jeffro »

Has anyone proposed having an option on the naherp website/app which allows the user to select/input previously used coordinates? For instance, if I were to find herps at the same location on multiple occasions I wouldn't have to look up the same place on Google Earth multiple times. This would especially be useful on the app (in addition to being able to enter custom coordinates instead of just using current location) because often times I take voucher photos on my phone and either forget to upload the record immediately (until I am home) or I am in an area without cell service (in which case I have to upload to Flickr, copy the picture URLs and also use Google Earth). Maybe these options are already possible and I haven't figured them out yet.

-Jeff
spinifer

Re: Frequently used coordinates

Post by spinifer »

On the website, I just copy and edit a previous record, although that might take just as much time as reentering the coordinates if you have to search around for a specific record.

I think Don has zooming the map to the selected county on his "things to do" list.
chris_mcmartin

Post by chris_mcmartin »

I have coordinates for about 170 pieces of AC as part of one of my multi-year survey projects, all in a spreadsheet (and each cover item is numbered), so it makes it a little easier.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

I always find the previous entry and copy it. Usually pretty quick to find it, even if I have a lot of records.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

You can just duplicate the record (there is a duplicate button) and edit the species / date / voucher.

-Chris