Page 1 of 1

HERP Mobile App Not Working

Posted: October 19th, 2017, 2:14 pm
by Rancorrye
I just did the new iphone software update and now the HERP mobile app isn't working. I get an alert that says the app needs to be updated. Checked with a friend who said he's having the same problem. Anyone else having this issue?

Rye

Re: HERP Mobile App Not Working

Posted: October 19th, 2017, 3:43 pm
by Steve Bledsoe
I don't use the HERP phone app, but since I upgraded my iPhone with the latest software, it doesn't work with the GPS app in my phone anymore. I get the same warning that you're getting saying that the app needs to be upgraded. I imagine the new iPhone software is incompatible with a lot of older apps.

Computer companies call it 'upgrading'. I call it extortion!

Re: HERP Mobile App Not Working

Posted: October 20th, 2017, 5:54 pm
by chris_mcmartin
Steve Bledsoe wrote:Computer companies call it 'upgrading'. I call it extortion!
Just repeat the mantra: "It's not a bug, it's a feature!" :lol:

The app still works on my Android device. Too bad the GPS hardware itself is lousy on this particular phone. Still, I'm trying to hold out at least another 6-12 months before getting a newer phone.

Re: HERP Mobile App Not Working

Posted: October 22nd, 2017, 10:02 pm
by Rancorrye
Well hopefully it gets updated. I was just getting back into the swing of things after not entering much for the past few years.

Re: HERP Mobile App Not Working

Posted: October 22nd, 2017, 10:02 pm
by Rancorrye
Well hopefully it gets updated. I was just getting back into the swing of things after not entering much for the past few years.

Re: HERP Mobile App Not Working

Posted: November 1st, 2017, 3:12 pm
by Don Becker
Are you using HERP Mobile, or Mobile Mapper? Mobile Mapper replaced HERP Mobile a long time ago.

http://www.naherp.com/app.php

Re: HERP Mobile App Not Working

Posted: November 1st, 2017, 4:50 pm
by Rancorrye
Don Becker wrote:Are you using HERP Mobile, or Mobile Mapper? Mobile Mapper replaced HERP Mobile a long time ago.

http://www.naherp.com/app.php
I’m using herp mobile for naherp. I thought mobile mapper was for herp mapper?

Re: HERP Mobile App Not Working

Posted: November 1st, 2017, 6:01 pm
by Don Becker
Mobile Mapper was made to work with HerpMapper, NAHERP, and a few other projects, so I didn't have to maintain separate apps for each one.

Re: HERP Mobile App Not Working

Posted: November 2nd, 2017, 10:18 am
by Rancorrye
Don Becker wrote:Mobile Mapper was made to work with HerpMapper, NAHERP, and a few other projects, so I didn't have to maintain separate apps for each one.
Gotcha. Didn’t realize that. I’ll download that now.

Thanks,
Rye

Re: HERP Mobile App Not Working

Posted: November 6th, 2017, 8:31 am
by Jimi
Glad to hear you're getting back into collecting & uploading observation data, Rye. Also, your question will help me out too, since I did the iPhone software "extortion" but hadn't yet discovered the incompatibility "feature" w/ the old app. I will also install the new app. So thank you.

See you at the 2017 pickle party. Carpool?

cheers

Re: HERP Mobile App Not Working

Posted: November 6th, 2017, 8:02 pm
by Rancorrye
Jimi wrote:Glad to hear you're getting back into collecting & uploading observation data, Rye. Also, your question will help me out too, since I did the iPhone software "extortion" but hadn't yet discovered the incompatibility "feature" w/ the old app. I will also install the new app. So thank you.

See you at the 2017 pickle party. Carpool?

cheers
Yes, I am planning on attending the pickle party. Carpooling would be great. I can drive this year, if you’d like.