SC Press: Teen Shoots Himself After Attempting To Shoot Snak

Press clippings from around the world.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Nir

SC Press: Teen Shoots Himself After Attempting To Shoot Snak

Post by Nir »

Karma is a b*tch... hehe
WBTV (Charlotte, S Carolina ) 01 June 12 Teen Shoots Himself After Attempting To Shoot Snake With Mom’s Gun
Kershaw, S.C.: In an attempt to kill a snake, a South Carolina teen is holding a gun in one hand and his dog in the other. Needless to say, the snake got away and the teen accidentally shot himself.
Michael Anthony of Kershaw, S.C., suffered a gunshot wound to his right hand after an attempt to shoot a snake went array Wednesday.
WBTV reports that the 17-year-old was using his mother’s Glock 22 handgun in an attempt to kill a snake at the family’s home. According to the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office, Anthony was holding his dog in his right hand as he had the gun in his left hand.
Upon firing the gun, the dog became frightened, pulling away from Anthony. The result? Anthony’s right hand wound up in front of the gun’s barrel, causing the bullet to his the palm of his right hand.
It remains unclear if any charges would be filed, according to WBTV.
http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2012/0...with-moms-gun/
Daryl Eby

Re: SC Press: Teen Shoots Himself After Attempting To Shoot

Post by Daryl Eby »

I'm finding it very hard to have any sympathy for this kid or his mom. If you're going to use a gun (or leave one accessible for your kids) you should be held responsible for its proper use and reasonable safety precautions. If you're going to kill a snake for no apparent reason, well, you just shouldn't.

I'll save my sympathies for the dog and the snake.
Tamara D. McConnell

Post by Tamara D. McConnell »

Me too.
Nir

Post by Nir »

Daryl Eby wrote:I'm finding it very hard to have any sympathy for this kid or his mom. If you're going to use a gun (or leave one accessible for your kids) you should be held responsible for its proper use and reasonable safety precautions. If you're going to kill a snake for no apparent reason, well, you just shouldn't.

Yup! Living in Canada, I find it hard to believe that a kid would have access to a Glock .22 handgun and the way the article is written, it's as if this is normal! Issshhhhhh...
Reptiluvr

Post by Reptiluvr »

Did anyone notice that the shooting went "array"? Excellent literary skills over there in SC. Excellent parenting too.
Don

Post by Don »

Let's not pick on SC, please. While we have our share of buffoons, I imagine one could find a few in your neck of the woods as well.