Burmese in the Everglades

Press clippings from around the world.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Bullfrog

Burmese in the Everglades

Post by Bullfrog »

Interesting article....my favorite part is reading the comments.

http://www.npr.org/2012/11/26/165941428 ... of-the-u-s
rtdunham

Re: Burmese in the Everglades

Post by rtdunham »

Bullfrog wrote:Interesting article....my favorite part is reading the comments
I can't find the comments. Any tips?
Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog »

Make sure you are using an updated IE web browser or Chrome etc.... they will not show up with older versions of IE. They will be below the article.
kevinb

Post by kevinb »

Click where it says comments at the bottom of the article
Mark Brown

Post by Mark Brown »

I gave up reading any comments about anything a long time ago. It's invariably a hugely depressing activity, further convincing me of the decline of human intellect.
dery

Post by dery »

Mark Brown wrote:I gave up reading any comments about anything a long time ago. It's invariably a hugely depressing activity, further convincing me of the decline of human intellect.
Is this just for the npr site??
Mark Brown

Post by Mark Brown »

No, I apply that sentiment universally. I just don't care about the opinions of a bunch of strangers, most of whom have nothing better to do than to post comments about things they almost never know anything about.

My current pet peeve is the local newscast, which insists on following up every story with viewers' tweets.....like I could give a flying you-know-what about what some tweeting stranger has to say about anything.
dery

Post by dery »

Mark Brown wrote:No, I apply that sentiment universally. I just don't care about the opinions of a bunch of strangers, most of whom have nothing better to do than to post comments about things they almost never know anything about.

My current pet peeve is the local newscast, which insists on following up every story with viewers' tweets.....like I could give a flying you-know-what about what some tweeting stranger has to say about anything.
Okay, I agree w/ dislike for tweettwats. And we all know fb sucks. But applying such universally might be bad.