Kids witness python devour rabbit at BioPark

Press clippings from around the world.

Moderator: Scott Waters

chris_mcmartin

Re: Kids witness python devour rabbit at BioPark

Post by chris_mcmartin »

out of touch mom wrote:It's horrible. It's disgusting.
another out of touch mom wrote:It's not what you would want to see at a zoo. You want to see the animals happy.
By all means, let's further shield children from life's realities... :?

mom who gets it wrote:It's part of life.
mwentz

Post by mwentz »

:roll: I constatly find myself more and more distant from what appears to be the make up of the average person in this country.

At least the comments on the news piece told people to get over it etc....

/sarcasticly -> we should teach the python to eat vegetables and fruits, or at least use a fork.
ZantiMissKnit

Post by ZantiMissKnit »

I'm sure the rabbit in question was f/t. It wasn't like it was hopping around the snake's display and they watched it die.

Several years ago, I took my mom to a wolf sanctuary in Ipswich, MA. At one of the demonstrations, we were told that there was a group of Boy Scouts there one day and a stray cat got into the wolves' area (very tall chain link fence). Well, you can imagine what happened next.

The Scouts all thought it was "cool".
Mark Brown

Post by Mark Brown »

By a wide margin, the most atrocious behavior I witnessed during my childhood - and I'm sad to admit, also participated in on a couple of occasions - was with the Boy Scouts. Not to castigate the Scouts in general.....a lot of it comes down to who's the Scoutleader. In my case, both of our Scoutleader's sons were in prison by age 21, so that probably tells you something about the "guidance" we received.
Fieldnotes

Post by Fieldnotes »

OMG! What is America turning into... shielding your children from the world; just lock those cry-babies in a bedroom with ‘Barney’ on the boob-tube. But, as for my child, bring on the blood and guts...that is a part of life. The worst thing about that feeding experience was that it was a white, obviously captive breed rabbit... I like to see them devouring more natural-looking brown rabbits.

Here is the sign that should be posted at that zoo!

"If Feeding time Offends you at the zoo...."