UDWR and Hogle Zoo Facebook amphibian conservation

Press clippings from around the world.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Jimi

UDWR and Hogle Zoo Facebook amphibian conservation

Post by Jimi »

Good afternoon Utah amphibian conservation partners

The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources and Utah's Hogle Zoo recently launched a Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/utahfrogs) to highlight Utah's amphibian conservation efforts, coordinate volunteer and citizen science efforts, and provide a feedback loop for a soon to be released "Amphibians of Utah Field Guide" smart phone app.

We'd like to utilize this platform to highlight all the great amphibian related conservation efforts our partners conduct annually. Information/events such as amphibian displays/speakers, volunteer opportunities, habitat restoration projects, amphibian photos/videos could produce an educational and entertaining post.

If your organization has recent accomplishments, plans for amphibian related actions/events, and/or a need for volunteers please send me a short summary of the event and I'd be happy to post it on our Facebook page.

Likewise I would appreciate your assistance in promoting our page through your organizations media outlets. "Likes" and shares on Facebook are also appreciated. I'd be happy to provide additional information as needed to facilitate promotion of the page through varied media outlets.

Please take a moment to review our page and let me know how we can improve upon it. All comments and suggestions are welcome.

https://www.facebook.com/utahfrogs

Sincerely,

Chris Crockett, Utah's Frogs and Toads Facebook Page Moderator
Bryan Hamilton

Re: UDWR and Hogle Zoo Facebook amphibian conservation

Post by Bryan Hamilton »

Jimi,

What do you think about posting this on the Rocky mountain chapter page? I just saw this post today.

I think there is going to be a KSL news story on the Division's boreal toad work soon. It might be another way to promote the efforts.
Jimi

Re: UDWR and Hogle Zoo Facebook amphibian conservation

Post by Jimi »

Hi Bryan,

I think I did that. Just a normal post-topic, not a sticky.

I'm not in the usual efforts-promotion group, I just asked one of them if I could post here in FHF to get them some exposure to this community.

Hope all's well at GBPN. You guys get any Rx burns pulled off during the spring window?

Cheers,
Jimi