Photoshop/ImageReady help

Photography knowledge exchange.

Moderator: Scott Waters

ChrisNM

Photoshop/ImageReady help

Post by ChrisNM » August 4th, 2010, 3:40 pm

Using CS2....

I'm working on a "small" project and can't seem to figure out how to get ImageReady or Photoshop to keep the guidelines (vert and horiz) that I've dragged for placement for aligning text/images after saving the file. I can't quite seem to word the search correctly via google either, which is a little frustrating. What I want to basically be able to do is create a standard template, within that template I know specifically where I want image and text place- / alignment. However, when I save the template and then re-open it the guides I've placed are no longer present. Show Guides is turned on, as I can see the guides when I drag them into place, their placement just doesn't get saved when the template is opened later for additional editing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Erik Williams

Re: Photoshop/ImageReady help

Post by Erik Williams » August 4th, 2010, 9:45 pm

I'd really like to know too.

Have you tried writing an action?

Jeremiah_Easter

Post by Jeremiah_Easter » August 5th, 2010, 9:29 am

Chris - That seems very odd, Guides should not disappear. Are you saving as a PSD or another format? Some formats don't support guides.

ChrisNM

Post by ChrisNM » August 5th, 2010, 3:50 pm

I've not tried saving as PSD. The template is the border I use around my images. The file is saved as an optimized JPG. Now that you mention it, that may be why I'm losing the guides when I come back at a later date for more photo work.

EDIT: I took the jpg template, guided it the way I needed and then saved as a psd....guides stayed. Now I just go Save As Optimized and can convert to jpg. Can't believe I didn't think to save in PSD. :roll: