Which should I use?

Photography knowledge exchange.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Dan Krull

Which should I use?

Post by Dan Krull »

Recently, I was in Alabama and I found a nice pygmy while walking a trail. Another hiker told me she had seen a man stomp one to death a few days prior and that she had seen many hikers kill snakes in her years driving the trail. The sign at the front of the state park had info on the animals that live there, and asked that you leave them be, but there was no snake information. I have decided to suggest that they add snakes to the sign and remind hikers that the area is a wilderness which they are entering. If a snake crawls into your house, I can't say you're wrong for killing it, but when you go into its house and kill it, well... ya know.

Anyway, along with my email I thought I would offer some of the shots I took of the pyg I found so that they could add them to the sign as well. None of them are GREAT pics, but they should suffice for their purposes, but I can't decide which pics to send to them.

Would you all please tell me which of these pics is the best and why, or, and I'm terrified to say this, if I should just not bother because none are up to snuff.

Thanks,

Dan

PS I will clean up the lens smootz before I send them along, of course.
Jason Mintzer

Re: Which should I use?

Post by Jason Mintzer »

I like the 3rd from the bottom best - cool snake
Dan Krull

Post by Dan Krull »

I'm assuming the lack of replies means that you all are politely saying, "don't bother." :oops: :)

I understand. Someday I'll be an awesome photog! I declare it so!!

Dan
Daryl Eby

Post by Daryl Eby »

I really like your idea and expect that it will be well received by the park. Might be even better if you offer to provide photos of other local snakes. As for the photos of the pyg, I prefer the second from the top.
Matt J

Post by Matt J »

There is a difference between an "awesome rattlesnake pic" and one used for "rattlesnake awareness and protection". Of course rattlers have a cool, menacing look that we all appreciate here, but that certainly won't make them more loved by lay-people. Of all the pics you posted, I think the 1st and 5th shots makes the snake look humble enough for people to realize they should just leave em alone.