pictures of unknown toad species

Photography knowledge exchange.

Moderator: Scott Waters

FatToad

pictures of unknown toad species

Post by FatToad » August 21st, 2010, 10:00 am

I was unsure where to post this, so please excuse me, and direct me to the correct place.

My husband was doing yard work and came across a strange looking toad in a wood pile. He says it looks like a Korean/Asian firebelly toad? I have no idea, but I need to find out what it is. I dont want to release it back into the wild until I know for sure. There have been some reports that an unknown person had been breeding exotic species of fish, spiders, frogs and toads and releasing them into the wild.

This toad looks unlike anything I have every seen. It is HUGE, and had spiney horns all over, ridges over its eyes and orange splotching.

If anyone can help me, I will post the pictures where it is permitted on this site.

I will be watching this post for any replies, and thanks for taking the time to read this!

Daryl Eby

Re: pictures of unknown toad species

Post by Daryl Eby » August 21st, 2010, 10:20 am

You'd likely get good responses if you post this over in the main forum.

Any photos would be helpful. It would also be helpful to know where it was found (city/region).

A title along the lines of "ID help needed for exotic toad" would get the attention of the folks most able to help you.

FatToad

Post by FatToad » August 21st, 2010, 10:26 am

Thanks so much, I wasnt sure if I could post pics for this here or not..

Daryl Eby

Post by Daryl Eby » August 21st, 2010, 10:31 am

FatToad wrote:Thanks so much, I wasnt sure if I could post pics for this here or not..
The more photos the better, especially from varying angles.

Posting photos here can get tricky. You'll need to upload them to a photo host (such as photobucket or flicker) then post the link with "img" tags. Let us know if you need help posting them.