Wetland Documentary

Photography knowledge exchange.

Moderator: Scott Waters

crotalushorridus

Wetland Documentary

Post by crotalushorridus »

Hey guys this is my first post so let me introduce myself. My names Ari Miller, I'm a Sophomore in high school, 16 years old, and from Maryland. Alike "many" 16 year olds out there, I'm a aspiring herpetologist and a field herper. This year, I'm making a documentary for a local wetland one mile from a major road in my area. It's amazed me how so much amphibian life can exist so close to human development which seems to be creeping up on the wetland. The point of my documentary is of course conservation through education, but also instead of sending the S.O.S. message of "save the wetlands", I want to show everyone what goes on in a wetland in one year. I've been filming and editing since September 2013 and will be done in June 2014 (coming up!). Last night I released the trailer to give people a little taste of what to expect from the whole 45 minute film coming June. I've shot everything with my Nikon D3100, tripod, and microphone. Its just been me, no help at all. I've attached the YouTube link to watch the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSB5l3Ep9gQ

Cheers, Ari
Antonsrkn

Re: Wetland Documentary

Post by Antonsrkn »

Pretty well done and edited, seems like a fun project.

I know someone mentioned this to you in the main forum, but the garter snake on a stick bugs me.
I've been filming and editing since September 2013 and will be done in June 2014 (coming up!)
If I were you I would probably go sept 2013 to sept 2014 that way you get a whole year and can see the transition into fall.
pete

Re: Wetland Documentary

Post by pete »

I liked it! :thumb:
Is that the area under the 495 bridge?