Creating a watermark for a video in either photoshop or LR

Photography knowledge exchange.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Nshepard

Creating a watermark for a video in either photoshop or LR

Post by Nshepard »

So, I know how to both create watermarks in LR and watermark stamps in PS and add them to photos and slideshow videos (time lapses in LR) but not to video.

When I use the watermark stamp method in PS it just adds a watermark on a certain frame and not throughout the video. Needless to say searching google with anything like 'add watermark to video in photoshop' just yields results about adding watermarks to photos with a video tutorial. BUT, I want my watermarks in a video edited with either photoshop or lightroom!

So, if anyone knows how, please let me know. I've been sitting on a lot of video footage for awhile that I need to start getting out.

Thanks!

Here is what I want (this was edited in LR under slideshows and adding a watermark there is easy):

"insert profanity here" it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDUDLWW5sFc
NeilEClark

Re: Creating a watermark for a video in either photoshop or

Post by NeilEClark »

Buddy, I understand you for this, PS doesn't seem to deal with everything for us, who just know a thing or two about PS. It makes me crazy when I tried it, totally had no clue where to start, though it's really that powerful. At that moment, I just thought that maybe I should just use an alternative tool for the task is simply. Finally, I happen to see this YouTube logo adding method, hope it can helpful for you too.
NeilEClark

Post by NeilEClark »

Yeah, bro, your issue had ever irritated me a lot, PS watermark is just for images, photos, pictures. No way for video, since Adobe makes PS for photo processing. But after reading youtube watermark, I know video watermark is no hard work, which can be easily settled.
HelgaJones

Post by HelgaJones »

Hi,
PS is made for picture processing, so when loading video, it will only load a piece of picture, not the whole video. So we only one graphic with watermark, not the all video graphic. Why not try to use a video watermark tool? Then you can easily add watermark to video. Every tool has its own top field. PS is picture king.
Nshepard

Post by Nshepard »

I sort got what I wanted. So, I just editted the video in photoshop. I used to text tool to write out my normal watermark and pulled it all the way through the video on the timeline, so that the watermark is seen through the entire video, not just a frame or two.

Here is one of the videos:

HelgaJones wrote:Hi,
PS is made for picture processing, so when loading video, it will only load a piece of picture, not the whole video. So we only one graphic with watermark, not the all video graphic. Why not try to use a video watermark tool? Then you can easily add watermark to video. Every tool has its own top field. PS is picture king.
Actually it does load the entire video. And the newest version is made to edit videos as well as photos.

That doesn't seem to work for video files for me, but does work when putting together slideshows and time lapses.