I need help with a A. contortrix sub-species range map

Photography knowledge exchange.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Plaxton53

I need help with a A. contortrix sub-species range map

Post by Plaxton53 »

Hello everyone, I am currently developing a website for new Herpers. I am doing an article on Agkistrodon contortrix and need a range map that shows each of the 5 sub species. I find plenty of maps that show the range of the species as a whole but none breakdown the subspecies groups. I have even thought about taking a range map of each sub-species and then make my own map from them...... any help would be great! Thanks everyone.

Oh yeah..... the website is in the beginning phases but you can take a look at....
http://www.HerpersGuide.com
chrish

Re: I need help with a A. contortrix sub-species range map

Post by chrish »

Maybe this is a silly question, but have you tried looking at a field guide?
Plaxton53

Post by Plaxton53 »

Chrish,

I have looked in field guides. I see many that give range maps for the species as a whole. I have also seen range maps for a particular subspecies. My question was about a "good" (as in nice, accurate, and free to share) range map that covered all the subspecies on one map. I don't think your question was a silly one. However, I was looking for maps individuals here trust that combine all the subspecies. Thanks for your idea.
chris_mcmartin

Post by chris_mcmartin »

Plaxton53 wrote:I have looked in field guides. I see many that give range maps for the species as a whole. I have also seen range maps for a particular subspecies. My question was about a "good" (as in nice, accurate, and free to share) range map that covered all the subspecies on one map. I don't think your question was a silly one. However, I was looking for maps individuals here trust that combine all the subspecies. Thanks for your idea.
You may want to build your own (i.e. draw it in Photoshop or similar) by compiling the individual subspecies maps you've found.