Favorite herping camera

Photography knowledge exchange.

Moderator: Scott Waters

mitchyboy

Favorite herping camera

Post by mitchyboy » February 4th, 2015, 8:52 am

Hey guys! I've been seeing all these posts summing up the years haul, so I figured I'd start one about cameras. What is your favorite camera to use? What are some of your least favorite cameras that you have used? Personally, I am using a nikon coolpix l330. Its not the best, but it gets the job done. Can't wait to see what everyone says!

The Real Snake Man

Re: Favorite herping camera

Post by The Real Snake Man » February 4th, 2015, 9:52 am

Hate to kill the party, but this would probably be better placed in our photography forum. That said, it would be hard for me to choose a favorite or a least favorite camera; given their price, I've only experimented with one for the past five years. Mainly, if you buy a decent camera and get great lenses, you can usually achieve a good shot, so I've mostly concentrated on getting lenses and the necessary flashes and so on.

-Gene

mitchyboy

Re: Favorite herping camera

Post by mitchyboy » February 6th, 2015, 11:53 am

Oh yeah haha. I didn't think about that. Oops....Scott can move it, right? As for the lens, I haven't changed the stock lens for my camera. A nice lens can be so expensive. They aren't at the top of my purchase list, although those nikon VR-II's are looking pretty snazzy. I would get a Nikon 24-70 f/2.8...if only it was a little cheaper :cry: I would probably still need the VR-II for closer shots, but I've heard those 24-70 f/2.8's take amazing pics. I will just have to stick with what I've got for now :roll: