It is currently September 18th, 2018, 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Bulk Re-Sizing question
PostPosted: March 7th, 2017, 6:43 pm 

Hi FHF photographers and especially photo bucket users. I was wondering if anyone can explain how to resize the pics I have on photo bucket without doing them one by one. I just want to pick a good size and thats it. I have 3,615 photos of reptiles I have taken in the past 7 years and a significant amount are not of share quality except for documentation purposes but if I could at least chop the resize hassle out, it would make being on the photo bucket site slightly less repellent, and I could enjoy participating in more photo sharing in discussions.

Thanks for any help or advice,

Kelly

Post subject: Re: Bulk Re-Sizing question
PostPosted: March 8th, 2017, 7:41 am 

If you don't want to create batch jobs in PS etc. and the quality of the outcome doesn't have to be stellar (as obvious, when resizing, I guess), this one is free and can handle batches of over 10,000 files in about an hour and a half (from personal experience; this will depend on the original file size and the settings you choose for the output).
http://www.faststone.org/index.htm

Profile WWW 
PostPosted: March 8th, 2017, 7:45 am 

In my case, resizing 12,500 jpegs offered a reduction to 40% of original file size.

Profile WWW 
PostPosted: March 8th, 2017, 9:23 am 

Thanks for the reply, I dont have good gear - someone gave me his old one that stopped working in the same time frame that my phone dropped out of my shirt pocket into some water and though it operated I lost audio, a bit of muck dried in it I suppose so I got this thing I have now, that is a smart phone that was marketed to take decent photos, I bought it 2 birds one stone - but I realize its not ideal. My style of interests make for what I think are unique opportunities for documentation of details that written text alone doesnt impart veracity without a photo to enhance or support it, I find in this day and age.

I was told it was poor form to post full sized out of the bucket because people have to scroll it, and I personally find it a little uncomfortable to post a large screen sized photo of mine that is blurry in this format of people who are so polished at the craft - not because of self consciousness but out of respect to them, but I myself dont mind seeing others photos that are blurry but are posted to present an interesting captured moment.

The size of the photos that come up on photobucket when I click on them seem adequate for my purposes, I wish the disparity between those and how they post wasnt there.

My navigating through digital format is a struggle. Its very distal and counter intuitive to me.

Im sharing all this with you because you are kind. Everyone on this section has been patient and helpful with any question I have.

Thank you