It is currently September 18th, 2018, 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Tamron lenses questions
PostPosted: August 30th, 2018, 11:18 am 

Hi all,

I'm getting to there point where I'm considering a few new lenses. I was wondering if anyone had experience with the following lenses and if you could let me know what you thought.

New vs old Tamron 90 mm macro
(Tamron AFF017N700 SP 90mm F/2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro vs Tamron AFF004N700 SP 90MM F/2.8 DI MACRO 1:1 VC USD)
As far as I can see, just an update to the lens, maybe optically a little better? Both versions seem to be pretty popular. Anyone have experiences with either of these 2 in comparison to the 105 mm 2.8 by Nikon?

New Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 OSD
- Looks like this could be an interesting lens. Probably not as good optically as the 15-30 and obviously lacking the VR, but about the same field of view, the same minimum focusing distance, etc. Could be interesting.

Tamron 15-30 2.8 vc
-Curious to hear what people have to say about this lens. I'm big into wide angle here - in habitat shots but not a big fan of the laowa lenses and the distortion they often give. I'm sure vc could be a big help too.

I am currently shooting with Nikon for what it's worth. If anyone here has experience with the Nikon equivalents of the lenses listed above or even better have used both Nikon and tamron and have preferences or differences worth noting, those would be greatly appreciated.

All the best, and happy shooting (with a camera not a gun that is :lol: )

Jeremy