Dakine Photo bag, so good!

Photography knowledge exchange.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Rothdigga

Dakine Photo bag, so good!

Post by Rothdigga »

Trying to not sound like a douchy bragger here, but I've been in the skateboard industry for 20+ years now and I'm lucky enough to get a bunch of free stuff from all my friends who work at random companies. Sometimes I get some really good stuff and this is one of those times.
I've been rolling with a Burton AK photo backpack since like 2000 or so. It's super big, heavy duty and weather resistant, good for travel but I ALWAYS have to bring another backpack along when travelling because of laptops, ipads and all that stuff that is sometimes necessary when travelling.
The other day I got this Dakine Reload bag sent to my house out of nowhere. Man, this thing is so good. Holds a ton of camera gear, has a nice padded large laptop sleeve and also another sleeve on top that will fit an Ipad. It's also got a rain sleeve that tucks into a little pouch on the very bottom of the bag and comes with some straps for a couple of tripods if needed.
I'm stoked that I can now only roll with 1 backpack on the plane when going places or hiking. Granted it's going to be heavy as hell when I pack in my laptop and all my photo gear, but it sucks to have to bring all those bags on the plane (because there's NO WAY I'm checking anything to do with camera stuff). Check the bag at the link below.
http://www.dakine.com/p/packs/photo-packs/reload
J-Miz

Re: Dakine Photo bag, so good!

Post by J-Miz »

That is one bad-ass backpack. I wonder how it compares to the Lowepro Photo Trekker AW II... Thanks for the link :)
chrish

Post by chrish »

That is a nice looking bag. Their smaller bags look good too and would probably be a better fit for the amount of gear I normally carry.

I can't say I like the "street camo" color of their smallest bag. :?

Chris
Mitch Mimier

Post by Mitch Mimier »

I wish they sold the camera block by itself on the smaller pack. I need one about that size for my backpacking pack.
umop apisdn

Post by umop apisdn »

And you can be the proud owner of this photo/laptop bag for a mere $240!!! And if you act now...

Looks good though. Lots of storage space, though I admit I'd rather have to not carry around that many lenses!
Rothdigga

Post by Rothdigga »

umop apisdn wrote:And you can be the proud owner of this photo/laptop bag for a mere $240!!! And if you act now...

Looks good though. Lots of storage space, though I admit I'd rather have to not carry around that many lenses!
Like I said, I'm lucky enough to get one for free. Mine is damn full now because I keep getting more stuff...100mm macro, 100-400 zoom, 17-40, 24-105, 1.4 extender, jeez. Almost out of control, almost.
J-Miz

Post by J-Miz »

I don't know if the price is outrageous, really. Look at Lowepro's top bags...or Tamrac's or Think Tank's, etc. I think the Gura Gear Kiboko, for example, is $399. The Dakine bag actually might be a more affordable option to many other bags, especially if it can hold a super-telephoto (500/4, 600/4).