Mexico Guides

Herp literature forum.

Moderator: Scott Waters

TimCO

Mexico Guides

Post by TimCO »

I have some new in the wrapper Mexico guides for sale. Amphibians and Reptiles of the State of Chihuahua, Mexico, and Amphibians and Reptiles of the State of Coahuila, Mexico. Thick high quality books, 624 and 560 pages respectively, with nice photos. $55 ea plus $5 shipping. I have a few available. [email protected]
chris_mcmartin

Re: Mexico Guides

Post by chris_mcmartin »

Email sent.

I want.
gbin

Post by gbin »

Are these English-language guides, Tim? Can you provide their ISBNs so folks can look them up? I tried looking them up just by the titles you provided but I don't believe I found the correct books thereby.

Thanks!

Gerry
TimCO

Post by TimCO »

Gerry,
The are in both English and Spanish.

ISBNs

9709000411 / 9789709000412 Chihuahua

9709000403 / 9789709000405 Coahuila
gbin

Post by gbin »

You da' man, Tim! :thumb:

And that's a nice discount you're offering on these books, too!

Gerry
-EJ

Post by -EJ »

in the wrapper?
gbin

Post by gbin »

You know, EJ, the shrink wrap that some books come in to protect them from store shelf wear.

Gerry
-EJ

Post by -EJ »

I know but I've never seen any of that series shrink wrapped... just bein' an arse.
gbin wrote:You know, EJ, the shrink wrap that some books come in to protect them from store shelf wear.

Gerry
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Both are on Breck Bartholomew's front page, at very reduced price..

http://www.herplitsales.com/

Jeff
TimCO

Post by TimCO »

The are new in the wrappers.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

The are new in the wrappers.
I wasn't trying undercut -- I thought you had sold yours. Breck's are also new, though I don't know about wrapping.

Jeff
TimCO

Post by TimCO »

I have half a dozen of them.
herpbooks

Post by herpbooks »

I do have several copies of each - Direct from the publisher. There were wrapped in groups of 3 & 4 (depending on the title), but wrapped in paper. They were never in shrink-wrap. If someone has them in shrink-wrap they probably shrink-wrapped them, themselves.

Keep in mind everything on my website (http://www.herplitsales.com) is currently 20% off the listed price. The listed price for these books is $65 (- so less $13). Over 50,000 herpetological titles are listed - all on sale.

Breck
gbin

Post by gbin »

No one actually said the books were shrink-wrapped. I was the one who brought up shrink-wrapping, as I assumed that's what Tim meant when he said "new in the wrapper."

Breck, I have to tell you that I think it's pretty crappy of you to hijack Tim's thread about books he has available by announcing that you have the exact same books for a slightly lower price. Not to mention using it as an opportunity to tack on a general advertisement for your commercial site. Why don't you start your own thread to hawk your books, rather than butting in on someone else's offer?

Gerry
-EJ

Post by -EJ »

I'm wondering which herper did not get their start in book collecting from Breck or Eric...

I'm surprised he spoke up... and rightfully so.

Shame on you Gerry.
gbin wrote:No one actually said the books were shrink-wrapped. I was the one who brought up shrink-wrapping, as I assumed that's what Tim meant when he said "new in the wrapper."

Breck, I have to tell you that I think it's pretty crappy of you to hijack Tim's thread about books he has available by announcing that you have the exact same books for a slightly lower price. Not to mention using it as an opportunity to tack on a general advertisement for your commercial site. Why don't you start your own thread to hawk your books, rather than butting in on someone else's offer?

Gerry
gbin

Post by gbin »

-EJ wrote:I'm wondering which herper did not get their start in book collecting from Breck or Eric...
I didn't, EJ. But that's entirely beside the point.

Shame on me? Hardly. Shame on Breck for jumping into Tim's thread to try to undercut Tim on books he's offering for sale. If Breck started his own thread to advertise that his copies of those books are a couple of bucks cheaper (and that all of his other herp books are also on sale) I wouldn't have said a thing, but hijacking someone else's thread for personal profit is pretty sleazy. I don't care who did it, it's wrong.

Gerry
-EJ

Post by -EJ »

He had every right to... and totally out of character...

I guess I'm showing my age... and you... yours.

I suspect there is an alterior motive to your comments.

The thread was not hijacked... but added to... as any thread should be.
gbin wrote:
-EJ wrote:I'm wondering which herper did not get their start in book collecting from Breck or Eric...
I didn't, EJ. But that's entirely beside the point.

Shame on me? Hardly. Shame on Breck for jumping into Tim's thread to try to undercut Tim on books he's offering for sale. If Breck started his own thread to advertise that his copies of those books are a couple of bucks cheaper (and that all of his other herp books are also on sale) I wouldn't have said a thing, but hijacking someone else's thread for personal profit is pretty sleazy. I don't care who did it, it's wrong.

Gerry
gbin

Post by gbin »

-EJ wrote:I guess I'm showing my age... and you... yours.
Eh? If you say so, I guess. :crazyeyes:
-EJ wrote:I suspect there is an alterior motive to your comments.
Right, you've seen me call plenty of other people here on their wrongful behavior in the past, you've seen plenty in the past to demonstrate that I say what I mean and mean what I say regardless of whoever or whatever I'm dealing with, but in this particular case - because this time I'm disagreeing with you about something sleazy that someone you're fond of did - I must be up to something shady. :roll:

I am, as always, happy to express my motives. Why wouldn't I be? What Breck did to Tim was plainly wrong, and because I'm not the kind of fellow who remains silent when witnessing one person doing wrong to another, I said something. It's as simple as that. I don't know Tim any better than I do you or Breck. (I'm not even sure Tim is actually his name.) I have no financial or other stake in this issue. Heck, much as I might like to, I'm not even going to acquire either of the titles being offered for sale at the present time; I thought hard about it, but given that I'm about to move I decided that buying still more books (I already have a great many) would be the wrong thing to do right now. Maybe I'll look into getting those books at some time in the future when I'm resettled somewhere, but I doubt Tim will still be selling them by that point.
-EJ wrote:The thread was not hijacked...
I reckon we'll have to agree to disagree on that. I stand by what I said.

Gerry
gbin

Post by gbin »

By the way, EJ, I still have the first book I ever collected, though it's cover has been reattached by strapping tape and its binding is all broken down due to how old it is and how many times I've read through it (along with the fact that many TFH publications don't have very good bindings to start with). It was newly released when I received it as a childhood gift; it was all I got for Christmas that year because it was so expensive (in my family, anyway), but I asked for it - begged, really - and surprised my mother by loving it far more than I ever would have some toy:

Exotic Aquarium Fishes (The Innes Book), 19th Edition by William T. Innes

Now that's (unfortunately) showing my age! :lol:

Gerry
-EJ

Post by -EJ »

I guess we will have to agree to disagree and leave it at that... again.
herpbooks

Post by herpbooks »

gbin wrote:No one actually said the books were shrink-wrapped. I was the one who brought up shrink-wrapping, as I assumed that's what Tim meant when he said "new in the wrapper."
Gerry, there is little else "in the wrapper" could mean in regards to these books. They are not off-prints that are issued with a "wrapper" (e.g. paper cover).
gbin wrote:Breck, I have to tell you that I think it's pretty crappy of you to hijack Tim's thread about books he has available by announcing that you have the exact same books for a slightly lower price. Not to mention using it as an opportunity to tack on a general advertisement for your commercial site. Why don't you start your own thread to hawk your books, rather than butting in on someone else's offer?

Gerry
Perhaps you are right. Unfortunately as I read the thread I focused on the shrink wrapping question and forgot about the initial sale posting. Nonetheless. I don't see much difference in posting a comment in this thread vs. starting my own - except that anyone coming to the forum would see my thread's title and perhaps see my message. As it is only the few people following this thread will see it. Sorry about the offense. However, as it is, later this week I will be announcing that I am closing the bookstore this summer. Perhaps I will take your advice and start a new thread about that when the time comes.