A Stolen World A Great Read.

Herp literature forum.

Moderator: Scott Waters

WSTREPS

A Stolen World A Great Read.

Post by WSTREPS »

This book was mulled over in great detail in a previous thread on this sight. That thread has vanished for whatever reason. So Im starting a new thread for those who might not be aware of this book or those who have read it and would like to comment on it.

For those who have an interest in herpetoculture and some of its darker dealings and less savory characters. I highly recommend reading Jennie Smiths... Stolen World.
In my opinion this book gives an unabashedly honest look at a dark segment of the reptile trade and some of its older inhabitant's.

For those who might not have seen it yet.......Heres a link to an interesting Q&A with the author Jennie Erin Smith

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=1 ... &topic=316

ERNIE EISON
-EJ

Re: A Stolen World A Great Read.

Post by -EJ »

You like kicking those dogs and beating those dead horses... You strike me as a basically mean and antisocial person.

I did read Jennies FB and it was interesting but she knew darn well what the response would be before she wrote it.

One of these days you'll figure out what you did wrong and why you weren't written about... the great herpetoculturist that you are.
WSTREPS wrote:This book was mulled over in great detail in a previous thread on this sight. That thread has vanished for whatever reason. So Im starting a new thread for those who might not be aware of this book or those who have read it and would like to comment on it.

For those who have an interest in herpetoculture and some of its darker dealings and less savory characters. I highly recommend reading Jennie Smiths... Stolen World.
In my opinion this book gives an unabashedly honest look at a dark segment of the reptile trade and some of its older inhabitant's.

For those who might not have seen it yet.......Heres a link to an interesting Q&A with the author Jennie Erin Smith

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=1 ... &topic=316

ERNIE EISON
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

i have been meaning to check out this book , thanks for reminding me , WSTREPS .

-Egomaniacal Jughead . . . Is that it?
-EJ

Post by -EJ »

That covers it.
Kelly Mc wrote:i have been meaning to check out this book , thanks for reminding me , WSTREPS .

-Egomaniacal Jughead . . . Is that it?
Bryan Hamilton

Post by Bryan Hamilton »

Why are you guys attacking Ernie on a post that is 6 months old?

You might disagree with him on some of his other forum posts but all he's done here is recomend a book.
-EJ

Post by -EJ »

why are you responding to a 6 month old post... it maybe caught your interest?

I recommend the book also... as entertainment and not fact.

I got nothing against Ernie... don't know the guy... although he does seem to have some anger issues.

From my point of view it was interesting witnessing the evolution of the book and how it actually read in print.
Bryan Hamilton wrote:Why are you guys attacking Ernie on a post that is 6 months old?

You might disagree with him on some of his other forum posts but all he's done here is recomend a book.
Bryan Hamilton

Post by Bryan Hamilton »

I misunderstood both Kelly and EJ's posts.

I can see now that you were both just kidding with each other.

Sorry about that.
-EJ

Post by -EJ »

I wasn't kidding... the book is a nice piece of fiction...
Bryan Hamilton wrote:I misunderstood both Kelly and EJ's posts.

I can see now that you were both just kidding with each other.

Sorry about that.