Old German publication

Herp literature forum.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Jackson Shedd

Old German publication

Post by Jackson Shedd »

I'm having trouble tracking down a complete copy of the entire issue containing the description of Sceloporus minor erythrocyaneus:

Mertens, R. 1950. Ein neuer Zaunleguan (Sceloporus) aus Mexiko. Wochenschrift f. Aquarien- und Terrarienkunde Braunschweig 44:3-15.

Any leads are appreciated.
-EJ

Re: Old German publication

Post by -EJ »

I would try contacting someone at the DGHT... http://www.dght.de/ ... Ich hoffe, dass Sie Deutsch gut verstehen.
Jackson Shedd wrote:I'm having trouble tracking down a complete copy of the entire issue containing the description of Sceloporus minor erythrocyaneus:

Mertens, R. 1950. Ein neuer Zaunleguan (Sceloporus) aus Mexiko. Wochenschrift f. Aquarien- und Terrarienkunde Braunschweig 44:3-15.

Any leads are appreciated.
Hans Breuer (twoton)

Post by Hans Breuer (twoton) »

-EJ wrote:I would try contacting someone at the DGHT... http://www.dght.de/ ... Ich hoffe, dass Sie Deutsch gut verstehen.
If not, PM me. I translate that horrible language for a living :-)
Jackson Shedd

Post by Jackson Shedd »

EJ: Thanks much for the lead. Unfortunately, they couldn't help me. Ich weiß nicht, Deutsch. Aber Google Translate ist ein großartiges Werkzeug!

Hans: I can get it translated and would not ask someone to involve themselves with such a task for free. Thank you for the offer. The issue containing this article has a photo of the animal on the cover, which is what I'm most interested in.
-EJ

Post by -EJ »

Yes it is. I'm surprised they couldn't find you a lead.
Jackson Shedd wrote:EJ: Thanks much for the lead. Unfortunately, they couldn't help me. Ich weiß nicht, Deutsch. Aber Google Translate ist ein großartiges Werkzeug!

Hans: I can get it translated and would not ask someone to involve themselves with such a task for free. Thank you for the offer. The issue containing this article has a photo of the animal on the cover, which is what I'm most interested in.
Hans Breuer (twoton)

Post by Hans Breuer (twoton) »

Jackson Shedd wrote:Hans: I can get it translated and would not ask someone to involve themselves with such a task for free.
Oh, sorry, I didn't mean translating the whole book :-) Just in case you need assistance with the communication.
-EJ

Post by -EJ »

Another suggestion... contact the authors of any of the new revisions.