Damsels in distress

Hang with a fishy crowd.

Moderator: Scott Waters

gbin

Damsels in distress

Post by gbin »

I don't ordinarily appreciate SPAM in my e-mail inbox, let alone pass it on, but I thought folks here might enjoy the video in this link Orvis just sent me:

http://www.orvis.com/intro.aspx?subject ... 558573&EID

Gerry
monklet

Re: Damsels in distress

Post by monklet »

A lotta peeps here gonna dig on that! Thx Gerry :thumb: ...good call on posting that.
Kent VanSooy

Post by Kent VanSooy »

AWESOME footage, thanks GBin!
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

I love This World.
muskiemagnet

Post by muskiemagnet »

i used to watch brookies jump at the bugs hovering around a log. pretty cool stuff. didn't someone post a fish grabbing birds from the air? sort of like dolphins hydroplaning to catch stuff along the sand. nature is smart and inventive. i wonder if there is an issue with refraction in the opposite that they have to overcome.

-ben
rtdunham

Post by rtdunham »

Kelly Mc wrote:I love This World.
Perfect! A feeling I'll bet is shared by many here, and that runs through almost all the posts--or we wouldn't be spending time here.
gbin

Post by gbin »

muskiemagnet wrote:i used to watch brookies jump at the bugs hovering around a log. pretty cool stuff. didn't someone post a fish grabbing birds from the air? sort of like dolphins hydroplaning to catch stuff along the sand. nature is smart and inventive. i wonder if there is an issue with refraction in the opposite that they have to overcome.
Back when I lived by a small lake in northcentral FL, we used to regularly see carp leap way out of the water to grab vegetation hanging over the water from the shore. They'd eaten all the rooted aquatic vegetation (and softened up the bottom and clouded the water to the point where no more could grow; don't get me started on foolish fish introductions) and were still hungry, I guess.

Gerry