fish

A lot of field herpers seem to go fishing, or maintain aquariums, as much as they do herp! Any and all things fish are welcome in this forum.

Moderator: Scott Waters

muskiemagnet

fish

Post by muskiemagnet » October 2nd, 2010, 7:10 pm

it's been a slow fall so far. haven't been getting out too much. nothing is biting either.

i'll post the tops from last year to get everyone going for fall fishing.

i do most of my fishing from shore or wading.

forty inch lake poygan pike.

king salmon from the fall run on the manitowoc river

forty-eight inch muskie from the wolf river.

decent bass from shawano lake

have a good fall. post some fish. this fishing forum needs some action.

-ben

dezertwerx

Re: fish

Post by dezertwerx » October 8th, 2010, 3:55 pm

WHOAH!! :shock:

That Pike, Salmon & Muskie are unreal! Don't ever come lake fishing over here.... excellent post! :thumb:

muskiemagnet

Re: fish

Post by muskiemagnet » October 9th, 2010, 6:08 am

dezertwerx wrote:WHOAH!! :shock:

That Pike, Salmon & Muskie are unreal! Don't ever come lake fishing over here.... excellent post! :thumb:
thanks for the compliment. unfortunately i have to mention that all three of these are only "nice fish". i've seen pike in that lake in the high forty inch range (guessing around thirty pounds). the salmon get to around twenty-five pounds. this one is about sixteen. i would have released the muskie anyways, but it didn't even make the legal 50 inch minimum for that stretch of river. there are fish in that area that go mid-fifties (in the fall, that equates to around forty-five pounds).

don't come fishing by you? c'mon, there are some big bass out your way. i'm assuming you've got impoundments with big stripers as well.

-ben