is cannabis good for fish?

Hang with a fishy crowd.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Severinus796

is cannabis good for fish?

Post by Severinus796 »

Hi guys, I have a question. I have angelfish and I tried to feed him, but it seems that my fish is not eating. I tried to feed him with all types of fish foods, but Im losing hope. I did some research on my own and found out that feeding fish pot oil does give their metabolism a boost. Like this article about a marijuana strain https://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/trainwreck/. If this is true I can't find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks
Kelly Mc

Re: is cannabis good for fish?

Post by Kelly Mc »

You should look into more typical reasons why your angel fish isnt eating and try to correct those.

This information is widely available. Being newly acquired, Water chemistry, Temp, Other fish species dynamics. Look at those.

Some under the radar reasons I will mention, as the reason why i am responding to this post. Reflective stressors/images, especially with adult angels. It should be mentioned that adult angels prefer to be in pairs.

Old aquarium equipment, ie; submergible electronics, sometimes breach in old units and emit electrical current through the water. You may or may not be able to detect it. Examine cords and seams. Throw away old heaters that present with corrosion.

Refrain from pulling equipment out by the cords. Over time along with the water wear it can cause this common yet rarely identified problem.

If fish show inordinate slim coat problems and ulcerations, and there is no nipping happening or new fish, rule out the electrical breach.
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

Canister filters are the most frequent culprit, and old heaters.

I can provide some situations on request, and the first time, was a eureka moment, so I kept a lookout for it and didn't automatically always think "Disease".

as for your actual question , I got nothin. I just used your post to share this about something I've seen with long term tanks and established fishes
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

I wonder how your fish is doing. I have observed angelfish to be the most 'fey' of aquarium kept cichlids, and cichlids being well, i will dare say intelligent.

It is always exciting to hear of a cure that is safe and has broad spectrum implications. The endocannabinoid system has received some hot press, but its misleading, not a singular set up design. There are alot of neurotransmitting networks in the body and Im no expert on it.

But what I do find has strong merit in promoting an appetite, from fish, to snakes, to birds, to cats, is applying environmental strategies that encourage security, with cues that stimulate feeding responses, while minimizing experiences and circumstances which would work adversely as novel stressors.

By doing that one can get almost anything to eat.
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

I would have liked to have just added my comments to the initial post with the edit feature, but I dont seem to be able to find in our new format.

I like posting observations and memories on FHF. Sometimes an operative that was just a part of solving problems freelance becomes a solid method, but has a more meaningful life if put into words and shared. I always think that someone else out there has noticed the same, or similar and wonder if we will ever communicate.

I hardly ever post about fishes, but would frequently get my hands wet when needed, and am interested in all animal behaviors but what is most interesting is how through time, I noticed how animals from different families share the same schematics, and respond to same applications, albeit some given modification.

Laterally 'compressed' species, or sp with rigid body structure, find security in partition type hiding areas, but they must be roomy enough to turn and move out of or they feel trapped and wont use unless morbidly panicked. I found this to be true with shy fish of that body type as well as chameleons.

And its the same with hoofstock!