Ebird profile - another awesome ebird tool

All things winged.

Moderator: Scott Waters

chrish

Ebird profile - another awesome ebird tool

Post by chrish »

If you haven't logged into your ebird account recently, you should. Check out your Ebird Profile!

Go to ebird, go to the My Ebird tab and then click the Your Profile link in the upper right hand corner.

What pops up is your lifelist, etc. but also a clickable map of the world, showing how many species you have in each country.
If you click that country, if brings up a map of how many species you have in that state.
If you click that state, it brings up a map showing how many species you have in each county.
It tells you how many species, checklists, photos, and recordings you have posted from that region.

It also lists your latest checklists from that geographic area.

It is pretty cool frankly.

Check it out.
Curtis Hart

Re: Ebird profile - another awesome ebird tool

Post by Curtis Hart »

It is pretty interesting. I though you'd have a good map, but your profile isn't public.
Brian Hubbs

Post by Brian Hubbs »

Sounds just like what you can do with NAHERP...amazing...ebird stole Don's ideas... :lol:

chrish

Post by chrish »

Curtis Hart wrote:It is pretty interesting. I though you'd have a good map, but your profile isn't public.
Oh yeah, you have to make your profile public for other to see it. I just did that but I'm not sure how you look at someone else's profile?
Brian Hubbs

Post by Brian Hubbs »

I just joined ebird and sent them a question about that. In the meantime, you could post a link here to your profile and we could look at it... :beer:

Unless something happens in the next 2 1/2 weeks, it looks like I am going to finish my first year with photo vouchers of 297 species...I wanted to pass 300 :cry: , but it's just getting tougher...I might have to take a trip to the Salton Sea, but i wanted to do that in November after it cooled down some...

I've got so many bird pics now that I broke them down into more user friendly albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/48237384@N08/sets/
Curtis Hart

Post by Curtis Hart »

To look at someone's profile, you just have to find that person on one of the top lists for an area, or where they submitted a checklist. To find you Chrish, I just went to your home county, clicked on top 100 ebirders, and went down the list until I found your name.