It is currently June 22nd, 2018, 10:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Announcment: Herp tour in Slovenia, Europe
PostPosted: February 9th, 2018, 7:27 am 

Hi all,

Is this the right section of this forum for an announcement?

In the coming summer, I organise a herp-tour in Slovenia, Europe. Think of it as a lot of fieldherping + the perfect introduction to European herpetofauna + seeing some pretty rare species (including the Olm: the enigmatic European cave salamander) + seeing some endemic fish which are too small for any fishermen (but pretty interesting to those who are interested in small and rare species) + good local food + good atmosphere and fun. During this tour, we'll take lots of time for photographing, and while we aim to see a great diversity of species and habitats, we are nowhere in a hurry.

Does this sound like the perfect holiday trip: check out the tour info on my website: https://www.natureincolour.eu/tour/amphibian-tour-2018/

Questions: just ask either here or e-mail me.

Hope to meet you in the field!
Paul Veenvliet

Post subject: Re: Announcment: Herp tour in Slovenia, Europe
PostPosted: March 14th, 2018, 5:20 am 

We got several enquieries for a shorther field-herping tour in Slovenia, Europe, but in different seasons. Of course, we can go more than once. So, I made a tour-description and put it online, see the link below.

This is an exiting program, and if the weather is favourable we should be able to see frogs, lizards, snakes and even the European cave salamander: de Olm. Both for May and August 2018 we have a fellow field-herper who is seriously interested, and with one more we'll just go. The price is 895 Euro with two participants and drops to 795 Euro from three participants onwards. This includes accommodation, meals, local transport, preparation & guiding. Check it out here:

https://www.natureincolour.eu/tour/shor ... ing-tours/