The Mattress - An ongoing thread of stories from the field

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Porter

The Mattress - An ongoing thread of stories from the field

Post by Porter » February 14th, 2020, 11:01 am

PREFACE: I’m not gonna lie… This is going to be The most unentertaining thing you’ve ever seen. You’re better off watching your computer screensaver and starting an update ...Or charging your phone and staring at it until it's done. You’ll be left with the feeling of, “why did I waste the last 3 minutes of my life on this” ...urged to send me PMs with the heading, “I want my money back” ...and, the all-time classic “I thought this guy had something to offer, other than more disappointment...”

Readers choice says, “it just lacks the pizzazz..!”
Cisco & Ebert.. "two thumbs down!!"

So, without further ado, I present to you... The Mattress

Welcome to THE MATTRESS :thumb: The Field Herp Forums first ongoing vlog :sleep: Times have slowed down in the forum realm... We all miss the good ol' days where interesting subjects, fresh photog, and herpetological news was shared and discussed on a regular basis. Still, the forum thrives with viewers young and old. Along with a handful of authors, old and new. When life gets boring... "hmmm, maybe I'll check out the forum and see what's happening." A thought we all share! Over the last 10 years, I've found that what I enjoyed the most was video. Getting a close up look at the unique beauty of these strange creatures. As someone who couldn't take just one photo of any given individual, I commonly struggled to pick out the best four shots of what usually turned out to be an extensive photo session. With video, I can easily record everything I want to remember in just a few seconds :mrgreen: So, I'm returning back to my roots. The good thing about the mattress is you never know what you'll find... Or when you will find it...

To kick things off... Here are a few clips I've gotten so far this year. They're in 4k so make sure you click that setting on the vid for the crisp clearlity:
:beer:

Porter

Re: The Mattress - An ongoing thread of stories from the field

Post by Porter » February 16th, 2020, 1:08 am

Ok, so I received some complements and encouragement on the mattress video by another videographer tonight and wanted to say something.…

I got a little touch of the anxiety over the preface last couple days. Worried it would be taken out of context. I just want people to know that I’m not trying to be obnoxious and that it’s coming from a non-stressful humorous random standpoint. Not sure how that translates to some viewers, but my intentions with this ongoing thread are positive.

Also I just want to say that this is a huge Relief for me because I was already not looking forward to doing an end of the year video. They just take way too much time, I have to wait till the end of the year so I can try to figure out what direction to go with all the footage, and I already wasn’t looking forward to it. Not to mention the footage I already tossed out.

So, as a toast to non-stressful situations, the next vid I’ll be adding is an outtakes & b-sides. Then we should be pretty much caught up at that point...

Again, My intentions are good and I’m not trying to launch any type of attack on anyone. But I’m gonna warn you right now, shits about to get weird............ :lol: