Finding a Desert Rosy Boa?

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

michael68

Finding a Desert Rosy Boa?

Post by michael68 » February 14th, 2012, 8:02 pm

Ever since I've seen pics of boas posted here from lurking I'm now really fascinated by them and would love to observe and maybe even hold one carefully in the wild. I'm reading a few things about about them being in parts of the Mojave and around the San Gabriels too. I'm just like 20 miles south of Palmdale/Antelope Valley and closer to the San Gabriels (Mt. Gleason).

It seems like rocky and riparian habitats with natural springs, moisture, etc, less than 4,000 feet is ideal for them which I know of around here.

I'm reading and seeing pics about them found all the way up around Kernville and a section of the San Gabriels from the 2009 station fire which is close to where I live. http://www.californiaherps.com/snakes/p ... cutti.html

Do you guys really think I could lay eyes on one in my area, any experience?

I would be absolutely stoked to lay eyes on of these beauties. :shock:

I've turned 16 and have my driver's license since the last time I posted here so eventually I hope to take a drive out to coastal LA and SD County areas to spot some rubbers.

rosy-man

Re: Finding a Desert Rosy Boa?

Post by rosy-man » February 14th, 2012, 11:19 pm

First off san gabs are coastal rosy boas not desert and second can you find them above 4000 hell yes id constraint from 3500 to 5500 up their. Hit up may as much as you can and you will see one gl and i want pics

M.J.FRANETOVICH

Post by M.J.FRANETOVICH » February 15th, 2012, 4:43 am

Good luck on finding rubber's in SD and LA county!! If you are referring to rubers (Red diamonds). I think you should have great luck in the right places!
Research, research, research,..... And take a friend along being new you shouldn't Herp alone!

Good luck :thumb:

Speckled Rosy

Post by Speckled Rosy » February 15th, 2012, 4:51 am

Micheal, your on the right track... Coastals are found quite close to Gleason, and maybe on that mountain. Hunt hard, its not an easy area to find them in. Also desert boas are found very close to you. But you still need to do a little more research. If you head towards Ridgcrest. you'll pass some localities..

-Dan

hellihooks

Post by hellihooks » February 15th, 2012, 7:00 am

Yeah... LA Co gracia (desert) rosys are very tough to find... head east to SB co., or as Dan said, up to Kern. Flipping for rosys in the hi-d can be pretty unproductive unless you have a really good idea of how to go about it.
That said, IMO the coolest way to see a rosy is out on the crawl... hike the (out)crops around dusk, from mid-April through early June, and you should see one, but be very careful... you'll probably see 10 specks for every rosy, along with plenty of other cool herps.
The database could use plenty of data, from the area you're in, so I hope you'll consider entering data, with voucher shots. :thumb: jim

michael68

Post by michael68 » February 15th, 2012, 8:36 am

Thanks for the replies everyone.

@rosy-man, are desert rosy boas also found in the San Gabs? Because on that site it shows the coastal rosy boa found around the 2009 station fire in the San Gabs but then under the desert rosy boa section it shows a picture of the "Habitat, San Gabriel Mountains locality, Los Angeles County"

@M.J., my bad lol. Forgot that the southern rubber boa is only really found in San Bernardino county as far as SoCal goes. I'll be researching more and I'll have someone go with me.

@Speckled Rosy, thank you, yeah I agree it looks like it'll be hard but I hope to explore the San Gabs more this spring/summer even just to see other herps, seeing a boa would be a bonus.

@helli, I for sure plan on heading up to Kern this summer and spring. I'm also reading that they're found near Death Valley localities and in Inyo county too.

What do you mean by the outcrops though?

I'll of course be taking data and pics this season from my area.

So mid-April to June around Weldon/Kern could be a good time to see a rosy?

Owen

Post by Owen » February 15th, 2012, 8:57 am

hellihooks wrote:The database could use plenty of data, from the area you're in, so I hope you'll consider entering data, with voucher shots. :thumb: jim
Yeah, but he's 16, so the NAFHA membership age restriction of 18 would mean he needs help to get records in. Too bad. They should consider allowing younger folks to at least enter data.

hellihooks

Post by hellihooks » February 15th, 2012, 9:31 am

Oops... forgot about the age thing... :roll: By 'outcrops' I mean just what you posted in the habitat shots... Granite outcrops... rosys are basically a rock snake, so you look around the base of rock formations, in cracks, ect.... but as I said... Speckled rattlesnakes favor the exact same habitat... so slow and very careful is the way to go.
FYI... of all the places (Kern, Inyo, SB, ect)... berdoo probably has the highest rosy densities.
Also... there may be desert rosys to be found in the Palmdale area, but if up in the San Gabe foothills, they would probably be desert/coastal intergrades, if not pure coastal. :) jim

michael68

Post by michael68 » February 15th, 2012, 11:12 am

hellihooks wrote:Oops... forgot about the age thing... :roll: By 'outcrops' I mean just what you posted in the habitat shots... Granite outcrops... rosys are basically a rock snake, so you look around the base of rock formations, in cracks, ect.... but as I said... Speckled rattlesnakes favor the exact same habitat... so slow and very careful is the way to go.
FYI... of all the places (Kern, Inyo, SB, ect)... berdoo probably has the highest rosy densities.
Also... there may be desert rosys to be found in the Palmdale area, but if up in the San Gabe foothills, they would probably be desert/coastal intergrades, if not pure coastal. :) jim
Cheers, yeah I really hope to make it down to SB this season.

And yeah I was just searching the database and I can't get any hits on the desert rosy in LA County but there is of course some intergrade or coastals like you're saying, with the database showing pics of some found in the San Gabriels. But I do wonder if they would be more so found either directly in the middle of the San Gabs and the southern foothills or could they possibly be in the northern foothills of the San Gabs?

I'll stick to SB and maybe Kern for boas of course but who knows, I might come across one out here when I'm doing general herping.

hellihooks

Post by hellihooks » February 15th, 2012, 3:14 pm

I'm no expert on the Gabes, but I believe they are most abundant at higher elevations and on the 'coastal' (southern) side. In fact, S Gabe desert slope rosys have have long been considered almost 'mythical' for most of the range. A few have been found, in certain canyons (all coastals)... but for pure desert rosys, N. LA Co is rather sparce in good rosy habitat. That said, S Gabe rosys have long been considered one of the most desirable and (for breeders) profitable coastal rosys. You can probably buy a cb SG, for less than it would cost to go find one... IF you wanted to own one.

Some members, (myself included) would consider rosys to be High (depending on locality) on a So Cal Herp Sensitivity Scale, which I had suggested we develop in my Locality Release Online : A Level-Headed Approach article I wrote. I would humbly suggest reading it if you haven't (enter title in search engine) if for no other reason than not to inadvertently release more locality info that some members might consider appropriate. So far you have done a great job keeping it to Co level... :thumb:

BTW... along with at least one other member, I will be trying to find a LA co. Gracia this year... I'll drop you a line, if you'd be interested in tagging along.... :thumb: jim

michael68

Post by michael68 » February 15th, 2012, 4:17 pm

hellihooks wrote:I'm no expert on the Gabes, but I believe they are most abundant at higher elevations and on the 'coastal' (southern) side. In fact, S Gabe desert slope rosys have have long been considered almost 'mythical' for most of the range. A few have been found, in certain canyons (all coastals)... but for pure desert rosys, N. LA Co is rather sparce in good rosy habitat. That said, S Gabe rosys have long been considered one of the most desirable and (for breeders) profitable coastal rosys. You can probably buy a cb SG, for less than it would cost to go find one... IF you wanted to own one.

Some members, (myself included) would consider rosys to be High (depending on locality) on a So Cal Herp Sensitivity Scale, which I had suggested we develop in my Locality Release Online : A Level-Headed Approach article I wrote. I would humbly suggest reading it if you haven't (enter title in search engine) if for no other reason than not to inadvertently release more locality info that some members might consider appropriate. So far you have done a great job keeping it to Co level... :thumb:

BTW... along with at least one other member, I will be trying to find a LA co. Gracia this year... I'll drop you a line, if you'd be interested in tagging along.... :thumb: jim
Thanks for the info, yeah when I checked the database there were no logs at all for the desert rosys in LA County. Had no idea they were that desired, they are very beautiful though. I would rather not take snakes from the wild, personally unless I was breeding, because I worry about hurting their natural populations. I'm really interested in possibly buying a CB rosy but they do seem pretty damn expensive though.

I'll check out that article.

Is it really considered bad taste to talk about more specific localities? What about info that is already floating around the web/available on other posts from people, etc?

I would love to tag along btw, PM me when you guys go out.

hellihooks

Post by hellihooks » February 15th, 2012, 8:25 pm

michael68 wrote: Is it really considered bad taste to talk about more specific localities? What about info that is already floating around the web/available on other posts from people, etc?

Well... we can't do anything about all the other various sources out there, but we can try not to add to seasonal stampedes, over-herping certain areas, ect... by honoring what we call our 'Gentleman's Agreement' to curtail posts about certain sensitive species/localities, until their seasons is over, or at the very least well under way. And unless it's for some very specific info, like research requests, ect... we try to keep locality info to the Co level. More specific discussions we keep on the Members only forum.

Most of the local rosy breeders are both here and on LocalityRosys... the best Rosy site around... :thumb: Once ya been around a while, and folks get to know ya... you should be able to get a cb rosy fairly cheap. Check the locality pgs at LocalityRosys... you'll be blown away by all the awesome localities... most of which are availible... :D jim

jdustin

Post by jdustin » February 17th, 2012, 1:39 pm

You will probably find this site interesting/useful:
http://www.borderboas.com/localityrosys/
Over 700 images of rosy boas from all across their range, all images contributed by rosy boa nuts. Several of the guys who've commented on this thread have contributed images to it.
When you do find a boa, send me a pic and you can be a contributor too. :)

hellihooks

Post by hellihooks » February 17th, 2012, 3:51 pm

yeah... meant to mention that Josh...ran out of time... had to go...KILLER SITE... :thumb: jim

michael68

Post by michael68 » February 18th, 2012, 4:25 pm

hellihooks wrote:
michael68 wrote: Is it really considered bad taste to talk about more specific localities? What about info that is already floating around the web/available on other posts from people, etc?

Well... we can't do anything about all the other various sources out there, but we can try not to add to seasonal stampedes, over-herping certain areas, ect... by honoring what we call our 'Gentleman's Agreement' to curtail posts about certain sensitive species/localities, until their seasons is over, or at the very least well under way. And unless it's for some very specific info, like research requests, ect... we try to keep locality info to the Co level. More specific discussions we keep on the Members only forum.

Most of the local rosy breeders are both here and on LocalityRosys... the best Rosy site around... :thumb: Once ya been around a while, and folks get to know ya... you should be able to get a cb rosy fairly cheap. Check the locality pgs at LocalityRosys... you'll be blown away by all the awesome localities... most of which are availible... :D jim
Awesome, thank you. Yeah I'd love to get a rosy soon here but would rather not fork out anywhere near $100 if possible, I do understand breeders need to be reimbursed for their time/investments/care, etc, though. I do have a 15 gallon enclosure, and can supply any heating, hides, and of course mice. Would rather not take any from the wild for fear of messing with their natural populations and I've read they can have parasites and may not be good eaters in captivity. I still need to read up on their captive care a bit more if I do get one. For any of you guys that have some, do captive-raised eat pre-killed/thawed prey?

And just a general habitat question if this is fine. What are your opinions on volcanic-rock/darker-colored rocks habitats? I realize they're more common around granite outcroppings and boulders but I'm just curious if volcanic-rock areas can hold good populations, assuming it's of course an area that is within their range.

@jdustin, awesome site and nice pics.

Those Cabo boas look really pretty too. (pic taken by "Jerry")

hellihooks

Post by hellihooks » February 18th, 2012, 6:28 pm

michael68 wrote: For any of you guys that have some, do captive-raised eat pre-killed/thawed prey?

And just a general habitat question if this is fine. What are your opinions on volcanic-rock/darker-colored rocks habitats? I realize they're more common around granite outcroppings and boulders but I'm just curious if volcanic-rock areas can hold good populations, assuming it's of course an area that is within their range.
CB's generally do great on F/T. Rosy can be found in Lava/darker rock areas... But I will ALWAYS head for the scattered dark outcrops admist mostly lighter granite areas. Warms up quicker, holds warmth better, IMO. My best Rosy/Speck flips (dlb's/trips) have been in the 'dark' crops... :thumb: jim

michael68

Post by michael68 » February 18th, 2012, 11:19 pm

hellihooks wrote:
michael68 wrote: For any of you guys that have some, do captive-raised eat pre-killed/thawed prey?

CB's generally do great on F/T.
Ah I see, gracias. (pun intended lol)

Can't wait till herping picks up in spring, I've noticed the fence lizards are becoming pretty active around my house already. I hope we get more rain though.

Here's a couple pics from last spring taken with my phone. Definitely gonna use an actual camera this year so the shots are clearer lol. These were all seen within feet of my house. Gopher, alligator lizard, so. pacific rattler (relocated it to a nearby hill because my neighbor kills rattlers unfortunately), and not a herp but a nice little golden trout (in case a fishermen points it out: I kept my hands wet and only had him out of the water for a few seconds)

Brian Hubbs

Post by Brian Hubbs » February 19th, 2012, 11:48 am

Jim

Dude, you're unbelievable...why don't you just tell everyone how to find rosys...? :o :o :roll:
What happened to research, reading, and the thrill of personal discovery?

michael68

Post by michael68 » February 19th, 2012, 12:49 pm

Brian Hubbs wrote:Jim

Dude, you're unbelievable...why don't you just tell everyone how to find rosys...? :o :o :roll:
What happened to research, reading, and the thrill of personal discovery?
Sorry, was my fault for asking the questions.

I was just trying to get a few general ideas because I won't be herping in areas where rosys are much easier to find and flip, etc. They do exist from pics and info I've seen elsewhere and advice I've gotten from a very cool and helpful member here.

I'm not and will not share specific localities and I don't expect anyone else to now that I know about it.

I have done a lot more research since I first posted this thread and am learning more everyday, gonna be hiking a lot (and driving a bit) when spring really kicks in and for sure in May/June in the late afternoon and at dusk so maybe I'll see one "on the crawl" if not then I'm sure I'll see other herps and it's a fun time regardless.

Asked the rock question because I might try flipping a little bit in the next few weeks, hoping we get a bit more rain and the weather warms up a bit. I'm learning about flipping etiquette and putting the rocks exactly back in their place and making sure no overgrown weeds, etc, get in the way to create pockets and then tamping down around the area bit, etc. I just want to keep any pointless rock flipping/searching to a minimum because I'm trying to keep the environment/habitat in mind.

I'm still new to most of this so forgive me.

Mike Waters

Post by Mike Waters » February 19th, 2012, 1:00 pm

Nothing wrong with the questions you have asked Michael. They are just more appropriately answered in the form of a private message.

michael68

Post by michael68 » February 19th, 2012, 1:23 pm

Mike Waters wrote:Nothing wrong with the questions you have asked Michael. They are just more appropriately answered in the form of a private message.
Thank you, I'll stick to PM's now for anything that might be a bit too specific or detailed. I'll edit the quoted post and maybe jim can delete or edit his, my bad.

Brian Hubbs

Post by Brian Hubbs » February 19th, 2012, 1:24 pm

I wasn't upset with Michael's questions, just the fact that Jim went out of his way to give out some sensitive info that isn't generally known...maybe I'll just post a map to all the good high desert rosy rocks...and then we'll see how many boas Jim finds in 2 years at those spots... :roll: If I were Michael and Jim, I would remove that stuff about certain rocks...and the photos of habitat from that other site. The owner should be shot for posting those in the first place... :|

michael68

Post by michael68 » February 19th, 2012, 3:41 pm

Brian Hubbs wrote:I wasn't upset with Michael's questions, just the fact that Jim went out of his way to give out some sensitive info that isn't generally known...maybe I'll just post a map to all the good high desert rosy rocks...and then we'll see how many boas Jim finds in 2 years at those spots... :roll: If I were Michael and Jim, I would remove that stuff about certain rocks...and the photos of habitat from that other site. The owner should be shot for posting those in the first place... :|
Deleting it.

on a funny note,

hellihooks

Post by hellihooks » February 19th, 2012, 4:07 pm

Brian Hubbs wrote:I wasn't upset with Michael's questions, just the fact that Jim went out of his way to give out some sensitive info that isn't generally known...maybe I'll just post a map to all the good high desert rosy rocks...and then we'll see how many boas Jim finds in 2 years at those spots... :roll: If I were Michael and Jim, I would remove that stuff about certain rocks...and the photos of habitat from that other site. The owner should be shot for posting those in the first place... :|
Sensitive info? What Brian... no one can say anything except you, so you can Profit from it? Your books have taken more snakes out of the wild than all the info disseminated on this forum, since it's inception. :shock: GET REAL.

Dark rocks heat up faster? hold heat? Come on... so do paved roads, over dirt roads. These are common sense 'general rules' that ONLY a very new herper doesn't know, and not (IMO) inappropriate.
There are tons of other stuff one needs to know, WAY MORE important than the color of the rock, to find snakes.

So when a new, potentially valuable data-contributing member asks BASIC Questions, regarding 'how to herp'... we have a mandate, and are warranted (by the bylaws), to teach.

If I had written as many 'how to' books on finding snakes as you (and continue to promote them RELENTLESSLY) I would be WAY TOO Embarrassed TO EVER say TMI, to anyone... ever... for the rest of my life. And teach my kids never to use those words, for the rest of their lives. And their kids after them. :roll:

Do you EVER think before you post? :roll: jim

Michael... you've done nothing wrong, and I appreciate your caution for 'sensitivity issues'... feel free to pm me any other questions you may have... :) You're on the right track... which, BTW... looks like this...
For any of you out there whose sphincters are clenching and/or starting to chub... no snakes were found in the darker rocks... however...
Guess where the snakes were seen... :roll:
So yeah... secrets out... herps like rocks :shock: :roll: :lol:
The REAL trick to finding rosys is finding the striped rocks that match their pattern :crazyeyes: :lol: :lol:

Kent VanSooy

Post by Kent VanSooy » February 19th, 2012, 4:57 pm

Wait....it's not dark rocks, it's rocks IN the dark. Like this guy.

Brian Hubbs

Post by Brian Hubbs » February 19th, 2012, 5:25 pm

What-ever, Jim...go ahead and blab all you want. At least I don't write books about rosys...

Ross Padilla

Post by Ross Padilla » February 19th, 2012, 6:11 pm

hellihooks

Post by hellihooks » February 19th, 2012, 6:42 pm

Everything I say online conforms to the standards I suggested in my "Locality Release Online: A level-headed approach" article, which BTW... I posted for free. It's called "Walk what you Talk'... :roll:
Were you referring to the hab shots Micheal posted on the other forum? Cause I don't recall them being overly revealing, which I also cover in the article I posted. But I guess we'll never know... they've been deleted as well... :roll: Bully for you.
BTW...'blab' implies a lack of thought, before speaking, which I don't (typically) do. Talk about the Tee'd pot calling the kettle black (yes, pun intended... one of those 'thought' deals... :D ) cyaaaaaaaaaaa jim

Brian Hubbs

Post by Brian Hubbs » February 19th, 2012, 10:24 pm

Through a series of wink, wink, and nod, nods...you've evidently hypnotized yourself into not thinking when you think you are... :lol:

hellihooks

Post by hellihooks » February 20th, 2012, 5:31 am

Brian Hubbs wrote:Through a series of wink, wink, and nod, nods...you've evidently hypnotized yourself into not thinking when you think you are... :lol:
You think? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fundad

Post by Fundad » February 20th, 2012, 7:39 am

Well as an experienced boa hunter I would say darker is NOT better.
Fundad

hellihooks

Post by hellihooks » February 20th, 2012, 8:35 am

Fundad wrote:Well as an experienced boa hunter I would say darker is NOT better.
Fundad
I think this: "After all these years, I have learned only one thing, that there are VERY few absolutes, and you never know what you might find, and where." is the best advice I've seen posted in a while.
Going back and checking, the fact is these two rosys were in the lightest section of a 'dark outcrop'...
And while I know rosys can be found in lava beds... I've never actually found one... lava sucks for flipping... just STUPID heavy... and what LOOKS like a small piece is usually part of a chunk the size of a Volkswagon. :roll:
I never actually said dark rocks were better... just that I always seem to find them irresistible... :roll: Then again... I can never resist checking logs, when looking for Z's... :crazyeyes: :roll: :lol:
I have one question for you, Mr President... Kid's Day? :D

Ross Padilla

Post by Ross Padilla » February 20th, 2012, 11:12 am

Brian Hubbs wrote:What-ever, Jim...go ahead and blab all you want. At least I don't write books about rosys...
You're such a shane.

Ross Padilla

Post by Ross Padilla » February 20th, 2012, 11:23 am

So what ever happened to that whole "Herp Ethics" thing everyone was arguing about? That was all for nothing? lol

captain uta

Post by captain uta » February 20th, 2012, 1:30 pm

Dark rocks arent good for flipping ? :lol: I guess the rosys havent gotten the memo.

Mike Waters

Post by Mike Waters » February 20th, 2012, 4:23 pm

Ross Padilla wrote:So what ever happened to that whole "Herp Ethics" thing everyone was arguing about? That was all for nothing? lol
We will try it again next year.

Ross Padilla

Post by Ross Padilla » February 20th, 2012, 4:31 pm

:lol: :thumb:

billboard

Post by billboard » February 20th, 2012, 5:03 pm

Wait....it's not dark rocks, it's rocks IN the dark. Like this guy.

If you guys go back to that picture, you will notice I am wearing a rockstar energy hat. If you want to find a rosy boa, wear a rockstar hat, then drink a Monster energy drink; but not the green one! You need to drink the blue one. The black and blue one. Make it the large 24oz. black and blue one. You will get a rosy boa every time by following this one secret technique that I have perfected in 20 years of grueling trial and error!

If you are pregnant, sensitive to caffeine, experience dizziness, nausea,shortness of breath, rapid heartbeat, hot sweats, cold sweats, hallucinations, hear voices,or have sudden overwhelming desires to eat hand fulls of grass and howl at the moon.........

relax.
This is perfectly normal behavior. Here is what you do..............

drink another 24 oz. black and blue monster energy drink,

and flip bigger rocks.

That's how I do it. And I get a boa every time.

I thought that I would take this secret to my grave,
but now that it's out there.............

I feel so much better.

Free.

hellihooks

Post by hellihooks » February 20th, 2012, 5:07 pm

We did the one roundtable deal... it was supposed to be 1st of many... never heard anything about it since. I'll just write a book on the subject myself... get paid for a change... :roll: :lol: :lol: jim

TC Reptile

Post by TC Reptile » February 20th, 2012, 8:33 pm

And STILL.....the most uptight painties in a wad over nothing website on the net.....congrats....could be a really good forum without all the infighting......

billboard

Post by billboard » February 21st, 2012, 6:00 am

This is just a little family fued.

McCracker

Post by McCracker » February 21st, 2012, 10:37 pm

I find a lot of boas in dark rock. It's called Asphalt....

hellihooks

Post by hellihooks » February 22nd, 2012, 8:50 am

McCracker wrote:I find a lot of boas in dark rock. It's called Asphalt....
Cruisen's for girls... REAL Men flip rosys... :roll: :lol: :lol:
And besides... when you can flip like this... :crazyeyes: :lol: :lol:
jim

rpecora

Post by rpecora » February 22nd, 2012, 10:40 am

hellihooks wrote:Cruisen's for girls... REAL Men flip rosys... :roll: :lol: :lol: jim
When you get a reliable vehicle you will retract that statement.

Fundad

Post by Fundad » February 22nd, 2012, 10:51 am

Night driving bores the hell out of me, much anymore.. I do it mainly because there isn't a much else to do that time of year herp wise...

Now I do like to cruise AZ but after about 2 or 3 hours even in AZ then I am ready to call it a night..

Mike you are a hard core night driver sun down to sun up :shock: , I know I have been in the passenger seat cruising at dawn with you :shock: :shock: :thumb: :lol: :lol:

Fundad

rpecora

Post by rpecora » February 22nd, 2012, 11:06 am

:lol: the farther I go away from home the longer the adventure. Not to many of those trips left in me though, especially with gas prices working to hit $6.00 a gallon this year so $4.50 can be the next norm.

hellihooks

Post by hellihooks » February 22nd, 2012, 1:32 pm

rpecora wrote:
hellihooks wrote:Cruisen's for girls... REAL Men flip rosys... :roll: :lol: :lol: jim
When you get a reliable vehicle you will retract that statement.
My vehicles are VERY reliable... break down bout every time I go out... :crazyeyes: :lol: :lol:
Some folks just LOVE to drive... me... I'd sooner walk with a light, at night, than drive.... if there's decent habitat. In the daytime... cars are just for getting to and from herping spots. One of the best things about herping is being out in nature... not being in a car... :roll: jim

And it's funny... all these 'experts' on this site... and not one notices the arguably misplaced herp I posted... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rpecora

Post by rpecora » February 22nd, 2012, 2:25 pm

You're a good guy Jim.

misplaced? Did someone lose one?

hellihooks

Post by hellihooks » February 22nd, 2012, 3:55 pm

rpecora wrote:You're a good guy Jim.

misplaced? Did someone lose one?
Yes... yes I am. I actually included the pic of a herp, that would not be found with the others...JUST SO Hubbsy could 'bash me' and again feel superior... :crazyeyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: He is, without a doubt, a superior herper... :D jim