The PPA is asking for 10 minutes to help Pinesnakes

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

brick911

The PPA is asking for 10 minutes to help Pinesnakes

Post by brick911 »

Anyone who isn't in the Northeast and probably wouldn't see this otherwise, please go to the link. Either you can help by doing what is asked, simply comment on my thread to help motivate some of the "less-motivated" NE members, or at least you can see an opportunity that has arisen for NAFHA to help make a difference. Thanks guys. I hope to see some comments over in the NE Chapter!

Bob

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10670&p=130153#p130153
JAMAUGHN

Re: The PPA is asking for 10 minutes to help Pinesnakes

Post by JAMAUGHN »

Done.
brick911

Post by brick911 »

Here's an update from the PPA:
Hi Bob,

I hope all is well! I just thought I’d give you an update on the Winzinger Mining (Woodland Township) application – the case in which I think several members of your herp group wrote comments to the Pinelands Commission regarding the possible threat to northern pine snakes on the property. The Pinelands Commission issued a Call-Up (see attached letter), which means that the Commission staff has determined that the Municipal approval of the application does NOT meet the Comprehensive Management Plan. The mining cannot proceed until the applicant resolves the inconsistencies, one of which is the conflict with threatened pine snake habitat.

It’s possible that the comments submitted by members of your group encouraged the issuing of this call-up to further explore the potential impacts to the local pine snake population. In any case, I wanted to thank you and the members of your herp group for their support!

Take care,
Amy
Thanks to everyone who took the time! :beer:
Steve Bledsoe

Post by Steve Bledsoe »

Outstanding! :thumb:
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Great work! Glad to see the group using skills in addition to data entry. Keep it up NE Chapter!

-Chris