3/18 Outing With My Wife

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

David and Suzanne

3/18 Outing With My Wife

Post by David and Suzanne » March 19th, 2012, 5:57 pm

Once again, not much. 3 Anoles and a scorp. Here's a pic of one of the Anoles. And a pic of me in the terrain. My wife loves taking pics of me when I am not watching. Hah! Love you Sweetheart!

David and Suzanne

Hans Breuer (twoton)

Re: 3/18 Outing With My Wife

Post by Hans Breuer (twoton) » March 20th, 2012, 5:06 am

Nice!!!! If only all herper marriages were that romantic....

KingCam

Post by KingCam » March 20th, 2012, 7:28 am

I dig it, man :) Isn't it great having a lovely lady that'll accompany you in the field? :beer:

soulsurvivor

Post by soulsurvivor » May 6th, 2012, 2:07 pm

Every marriage needs activities you can share together. My husband is not into herping as much as I am, but is always a willing companion. Just keep having fun together! :beer:

Tamara D. McConnell

Post by Tamara D. McConnell » May 6th, 2012, 2:13 pm

I feel really blessed to have a herper hubby.

Berkeley Boone

Post by Berkeley Boone » May 7th, 2012, 8:38 am

On my second date with my now-wife, we were kayaking around a lake here in town. I heard some splashing and I looked behind me to see her elbow deep in the pond. I asked her what she was doing.
"Trying to catch this turtle. Will you help me?" was her reply.
I knew right then that we were getting married. :)

She still goes out with me in the woods and on the rivers to help me catch stuff. Just this last Saturday, we were out catching cooters and softshells, and I caught a queen snake to show my niece. I released it before my wife got to see it though, and she was so disappointed! Apparently she has been dying to see a queen snake.

I guess that guarantees at least one more adventure to the river.... Sorry for hijacking the thread, David.
--Berkeley

Josh Holbrook

Post by Josh Holbrook » May 7th, 2012, 10:34 am

Berkeley Boone wrote:On my second date with my now-wife, we were kayaking around a lake here in town. I heard some splashing and I looked behind me to see her elbow deep in the pond. I asked her what she was doing.
"Trying to catch this turtle. Will you help me?" was her reply.
I knew right then that we were getting married. :)

She still goes out with me in the woods and on the rivers to help me catch stuff. Just this last Saturday, we were out catching cooters and softshells, and I caught a queen snake to show my niece. I released it before my wife got to see it though, and she was so disappointed! Apparently she has been dying to see a queen snake.

I guess that guarantees at least one more adventure to the river.... Sorry for hijacking the thread, David.
--Berkeley

I got my wife to tail her first wild snake over my past birthday. A mean nine foot Burm :mrgreen: