Back in US and hittin the Gorge

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Dman

Back in US and hittin the Gorge

Post by Dman »

I just got back from 2 weeks in Japan and decided on Saturday to hit the Gorge for a afternoon hike. The finds started off slow but turned out not so bad. I did not take many pics so I will just list the hike finds first:
1) Alligator Lizard
1) Skink
1) Racer
4) Night Snakes
Conditions started to cool fairily quickly after a small afternoon shower. But I decided to hang around and see what night cruising might produce:
1) Large Gopher Snake
1) Night Snake
and

1) California Mountain Kingsnake
My apologies for the out of focus picture.
Just not the way I wanted to find my first "Z" of the season :(
I was very disappointed to see this snake just yards past where I had been cruising all night.
On a lighter note I am glad to see the forum back up and running!!! :D
And I will be posting my finds from Japan on the Main Forum soon. Just have lots of pics to go through.

Damon
AndyO'Connor

Re: Back in US and hittin the Gorge

Post by AndyO'Connor »

Too bad, it looks really fresh... WHERE in the gorge are you hiking and finding 4 night snakes? I am jealous, I guess I don't flip the right rocks for those guys because I only find them cruising. I'd really like to flip some or find them on the crawl. (and I wasn't expecting a reply with locality, but if you wanted to pm me a hint that'd be cool)
Indafield

Post by Indafield »

DOOOHH!

Andy you have herped where Damon is finding those Nightsnakes.
David Hardesty

Post by David Hardesty »

Hey Damon I hit the gorge a few times this last week also. I will have to post some pics soon.
Dman

Post by Dman »

Andy,
The location I found all the Night Snakes is actually the place in the Gorge where I found my first Night Snake. I almost always find at least one in the area. As for the Zonata, yes it was really a fresh kill. I was just so sad :( I had not crusied there earlier. I can't help wondering if I would have been earlier could I have got it out of the way of danger

Nate,
Definetly a big DOOOHH!!!!