Moderator: Scott Waters

simpleyork

Some Color from last night

Post by simpleyork »

So after sitting in the house all day because of the heat
I headed out to do some cruising
and look what I found for those who like to see some tri
color to light up their lives

On the last part of the cruise going home I found this little girl in the same spot as the milk snake
didn't think I was going to find a boa this time around
smallest one to date that I have found
Jimi

Re: Some Color from last night

Post by Jimi »

Nice finds. A perfect example of "you don't know if you don't go", or "you only find them if you're out there". You went cruising at the end of the driest June ever in our region, just a few days before full moon, during a scorching hot spell. Most folks would have told you "don't waste your time and gas". And...you cruised a milk and a boa. Nice! (The next 30 times you do that you'll probably get skunked but hey, maybe I'm wrong!)

Cheers,
Jimi
Brian Eagar

Post by Brian Eagar »

Very nice simpleyork!
That milk is worth 50 boas. haha.
And as Jimi said the fact that you found it when you did just shows how being persistent can pay off.
As he also said, good luck repeating under similar conditions. I think the droubt is actually an advantage this year in road cruising along roads that follow a stream as you more than likely have animals searching for water in less favorable conditions for movement than they would have to in other years.
If that was found where I think it was it was even a better find.

Brian
simpleyork

Post by simpleyork »

I've been seeing milks quite often through out my life so not as exciting as the boas are to me.
We've found Milks on the crawl during past summers around my parents neighborhood.
ThomWild

Post by ThomWild »

Very cool Chris! I am very very jealous of the milk find. I still need to find a live one from that area. Funny how until recently we were finding what the other person was looking for; now it is all you. Thanks for sharing the pics, it saves me a lot of gas money to be able to see your pics from that area without having to travel there; not quite the same rush as being there but a worthy substitute.

-Thomas

It is also cool that the boas are doing so well for you, props to you.