A little preview of spring in southern Indiana

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

squinn

A little preview of spring in southern Indiana

Post by squinn »

found about a dozen or so combined of these three species of sally's Sunday right after the cold weather crashed in on us again. I suppose this will have to hold me until spring.

Chris Smith

Re: A little preview of spring in southern Indiana

Post by Chris Smith »

Nice! We "warmed" up a bit for a couple days (highs in the 30's and 40's F) but lows are still -10 to 10F. :cry:

-Chris
matt ignoffo

Post by matt ignoffo »

Is the last barbouri or texanum?
squinn

Post by squinn »

matt ignoffo wrote:Is the last barbouri or texanum?
texanum
matt ignoffo

Post by matt ignoffo »

Thanx. Cool salamanders, are A. barbouri nearby?
squinn

Post by squinn »

matt ignoffo wrote:Thanx. Cool salamanders, are A. barbouri nearby?
not near this location the area these pics were taken is classic bottomland.
muskiemagnet

Post by muskiemagnet »

beast wrote:Nice bait for big bucketmouth bass! For those who might want to do this (don't wanna leave the salamander sissies out of this) here's a good link.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7677238_fish-us ... -bait.html

To make it easier for you folks here's a vid on how to hook a frog for bait. The guy from Canada does it OK, much better than a Yankee! I prefer hooking frogs through both lips as you can use them to catch a couple of fish instead of just one as the bait holds up better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsKeB_4PE7I

really? not the best place to mention this. go plastic. i understand that these animals are no different from minnows. i fish, so i am on your side, but, just remember your audience.

would be no different than me hooking a seal to my line to catch an orka. i'd have problems with many people if i were to mention this on a seal lovers forum. :D :D :D

-ben
ThatFrogGuy

Post by ThatFrogGuy »

Beast is just a lifeless troll looking to instigate. I doubt you would ever catch much with Ambystoma anyways.
Brian Hubbs

Post by Brian Hubbs »

Beast...you're a Moron with a capital "M". You post something like that again and the powers that be will kick you...right off the forum...take a hint...no one is amused.
squinn

Post by squinn »

muskiemagnet wrote:
really? not the best place to mention this. go plastic. i understand that these animals are no different from minnows. i fish, so i am on your side, but, just remember your audience.

would be no different than me hooking a seal to my line to catch an orka. i'd have problems with many people if i were to mention this on a seal lovers forum. :D :D :D

-ben
That would be awesome i've always believed baby seals must be the embodiment of pure evil in the world with their white fur and soulful eyes, they are just begging for the club. ;) All joking aside I also do get the hunting/fishing angle, i've never fished with sallies myself but i guess as long as it's being done within the law it's fine. Wonder what test line one would use for Orca?
chrish

Post by chrish »

beast wrote:Nice bait for big bucketmouth bass! For those who might want to do this (don't wanna leave the salamander sissies out of this) here's a good link.
To make it easier for you folks here's a vid on how to hook a frog for bait. The guy from Canada does it OK, much better than a Yankee! I prefer hooking frogs through both lips as you can use them to catch a couple of fish instead of just one as the bait holds up better.
I;m sorry your life is so unfulfilled that you have to resort to taking some simple pleasure from coming into this forum and posting simply to try to offend other forum users.
I won't call you names or insult you frankly because I feel sorry for someone so emotionally alone. I only hope you are young and with time you will be able to find something more worthwhile to do with your creativity.

You can go ahead and reply calling me names, etc, if you need to.
chrish

Post by chrish »

chrish wrote:
I'm sorry your life is so unfulfilled that you have to resort to taking some simple pleasure from coming into this forum and posting simply to try to offend other forum users.
I won't call you names or insult you frankly because I feel sorry for someone so emotionally alone. I only hope you are young and with time you will be able to find something more worthwhile to do with your creativity.

You can go ahead and reply calling me names, etc, if you need to.
squinn

Post by squinn »

that is creepy but it did make me hungry for frog legs.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

The user "beast" has been dealt with. PM me if there are concerns.

-Chris
Barry R

Post by Barry R »

nice finds. I got a Streamside (A. barbouri) on Jan. 12th, will throw it up one of these days.