Re-Introduction?

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

devilfish79

Re-Introduction?

Post by devilfish79 »

How's it going everyone? My name's Erik and I was on the forums a year or more ago and checked in from time to time up until June. However, I'm back and looking to get into the swing of things this time around. I've been interested in reptiles since I was a boy. I started catching garter snakes with my cousin around 8-9 years old. I got my first snake (a ball python) in my teens but never really took it any farther. I love doing research on reptiles and now that I'm a father, my son is showing interest. He has his own ball python now and I have my kingsnake. I'm really trying to show him how to do things properly, but adding field experience I think will bring things home for him. I'm not a field herper by any means, but I'd like the opportunity for both of us to get some experience. So that's my reintroduction which was probably my first introduction with detail. :)

I'm wondering how I/we can join the California chapter this time around. Is there an application and some fees?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. :)

Cheers,
Erik :beer:
hellihooks

Re: Re-Introduction?

Post by hellihooks »

Welcome back... you just joined! no dues or fees, just a love of herps required. and follow the bylaws... :D jim
devilfish79

Post by devilfish79 »

Thanks Jim! For field herping, what are the neccessities? Also, what information is valuable when collecting field data?
Steve Bledsoe

Post by Steve Bledsoe »

Welcome back Erik.

To become a bona fide voting member of the NAFHA California Chapter, you must first go to http://www.naherp.com or http://www.nafha.org and register as a member of NAHFA, if you have not already done so.

Once you are a member of NAFHA, you need to send a PM to Kent VanSooy and ask to be included as a California Chapter member. Only this way will you be on the official Cal Chapter membership list and have the ability to vote in chapter elections.

As Jim said, there are no fees or dues.
devilfish79

Post by devilfish79 »

That's awesome Steve, thanks for the info! However, I do have an account with NAHerp.com but when I reset the password, I noticed that the new info was sent to an e-mail address I no longer have access to. Is there a way to get it sent to my current address? Or is a new account in order?

Cheers,
Erik