Photography and a bit of herping

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

intermedius

Photography and a bit of herping

Post by intermedius »

Just finished a year of highschool so i've been out herping and taking some photos of the landscape for a while. I thought it would be nice to share some of my finer works and species i've managed to get out. Life's been tough but i find photography and herpetology two things that mix together in one big melting pot of wonders. So here is some of the works starting with an unusual cyst of sorts on an oak leaf. Is it a gall?

My local parks have some great scenery sometimes and in the summer this trail comes to life with natural beauty perfect for some shoots.

They also have a great yard near the trail

Along with a garden full of beautiful exotic flowers

Some days it can get a little overcast but remember that every cloud has a silver lining

At the beach, the sun offers some cool lighting shots

Image[/url

Sidewalks also make for cool photos

[URL=http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/inter ... a.jpg.html]Image

Afterwards we went down to the Pine Barrens for a bit with some success. However i was not expecting a beautiful sunset at one of the Pines most beautiful lakes.

This guy was found under a board (LATE LIFER). He was around a meter long and was very uncooperative for a photo.

This one shows his colors more.

And at night we road cruised this beauty last year, but i thought it would be nice to show him again.

Back at my house i found this in my backyard. He was pecked to death by birds the week later so i preserved him in alcohol and collected some scale data off him.

Then later that day out in another park i had a nice surprise