Texas joins the 20th century (no, not the 21st yet)....

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

chrish

Texas joins the 20th century (no, not the 21st yet)....

Post by chrish »

Rules changes to Texas Wildlife Code regarding gassing snakes:

http://www.sos.state.tx.us/texreg/sos/P ... ON.html#50

Now let's see if they go to Sweetwater and enforce it?
John Williams

Re: Texas joins the 20th century (no, not the 21st yet)....

Post by John Williams »

Well I'd say judging by the enforcing agencies previous actions on laws associated with herps not a lot will be done and they will look the other way (i.e. roadcruising laws, pursuing people in new stories celebrating killing two state-threatened horridus, etc.). But it does sound nice.
Shane_TX

Re: Texas joins the 20th century (no, not the 21st yet)....

Post by Shane_TX »

Good news. A long time coming for sure and it won't be undone. Thanks for posting!
Now let's see if they go to Sweetwater and enforce it?
Peer pressure is always the goal but I do agree that some worst offender busts are in order.
Well I'd say judging by the enforcing agencies previous actions on laws associated with herps not a lot will be done and they will look the other way (i.e. roadcruising laws, pursuing people in new stories celebrating killing two state-threatened horridus, etc.). But it does sound nice.
Overly cynical in this case (I hope I'm right). As an administration, wildlife LE is exceptionally unmanned in every regard. I think this one might actually gain steam now that it's backed by regulation. I've heard many anecdotes of people who don't give a care about atrox but do not like the gassing practice. It will boil down to what they dislike most.....at least those that care now have a tangible case.

Shane