N Idaho finds

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Ryan Young

N Idaho finds

Post by Ryan Young » April 21st, 2014, 11:37 am

I was out with my daughter in Bonner County Idaho and we found a couple Western Skinks and one Long-toad Salamander. I was hoping to find a few snakes but we did not come across any. I only had my cellphone to take the pics with so it was a challenge to get anything worth sharing.

Ryan Young

TravisK

Re: N Idaho finds

Post by TravisK » April 21st, 2014, 1:46 pm

Nice, It feels good to get some of the first herps for the year. Also a Big Hello From Spokane!

Ryan Young

Post by Ryan Young » April 21st, 2014, 3:32 pm

Thanks for the Welcome Travis. I grew up in Spokane and have done most of my herping around Spokane. I am going to try and do more Idaho herping this season as my daughter is enjoying it so far. Here is a Spokane Valley Boa as well as a WA King from last season.

Ryan Young

jonathan

Post by jonathan » April 23rd, 2014, 2:11 am

I love that long-toed sali. We don't get many Idaho herps posted here at all. Other than Alaska, I think that Idaho might be the least-vouchered state in the entire http://www.naherp.com database (quick check) - okay, other than Alaska and Wyoming.

Kyle from Carolina

Post by Kyle from Carolina » May 3rd, 2014, 1:58 pm

Wow, I didn't realize there were Mtn kings in Washington. Also, awesome rubber boa. I just struck out on those in BC! Next time...

M Wolverton

Post by M Wolverton » May 3rd, 2014, 5:44 pm

Good stuff.

I guess that makes at least three of us that are from Spokane. I still get over that way and get some herping in once or twice a year.

Jeffery K

Post by Jeffery K » June 14th, 2015, 6:42 am

I have found lots of rubber Boas in Spokane. There are many hidden secrets. That king snake is awesome. Id love finding one. You are fortunate. :)