Greetings. Herper from Puerto Rico visiting Alabama and GA.

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

PeterF.

Greetings. Herper from Puerto Rico visiting Alabama and GA.

Post by PeterF. »

Greetings everyone.

As my username suggest my name is Peter and I'm from Puerto Rico. I've been visiting this forum for a few years but never logged till now. Hope to be welcomed. It is a great forum. I'm currently visiting my brother in Russell County, AL. Is my first time here and so far I love the place. As an passionate herper I would love to go herping around here (kinda obvious :) ). I already went biking through some trials not that far from where I'm staying and I saw some beautiful birds, deers, chipmunks and raccoons but no herps. Searched for few hours with no luck. Anyways it was fun and I enjoyed it.
Anyone from around here that know of some places I could go to see some herps ? I'm staying near Fort Benning. I'm able to drive around 2-3hrs ratio from here.

Glad to meet you all and thanks a lot in advance.
Peter

PS. Excuse my english.
Noah M

Re: Greetings. Herper from Puerto Rico visiting Alabama and

Post by Noah M »

Welcome to the forum. I wish you the best of luck in your searches. I am not familiar with Alabama herping so I can't help you really, but perhaps somebody else will chime in with a few techniques for this time of year.
HerpMan ATL

Post by HerpMan ATL »

Bankhead National Forest in Double Springs, Alabama is supposedly a good spot for herps. I havent been there but Ive seen photos of Timber Rattlers and a few other snakes from the area.

Rich
dery

Post by dery »

Madison County Greenways are great herping year round in Huntsville, AL.