Phoenix area

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

MarcLinsalata

Phoenix area

Post by MarcLinsalata »

Hi guys - I pretty much wrapped it up for the year the other night but I'm possibly contemplating driving out to Phoenix from LA on Sunday to watch the Eagles-Cardinals game. It's more like a 30% chance of that happening, but if I do and on my way out of town (Sunday around 6ish most likely) are there any roads that might see a snake or two on it? Not looking for anything in particular obviously, and I won't have an AZ license, just thinking of a quick pass or two that might turn up a gopher or atrox or some other crote. I know it's cooling down but you never know............... :beer:

Marc
Brian Hubbs

Re: Phoenix area

Post by Brian Hubbs »

Thamelegans would be the person to ask...I don't road cruise where i live...
ThamnElegans24

Post by ThamnElegans24 »

Thamelegans would be the person to ask...
WTF Brian, I have no idea what you are talking about ;)

Marc, do you plan on taking the 10 or 40 back to CA?
MarcLinsalata

Post by MarcLinsalata »

Hi guys - for sure taking the 10 back to Los Angeles..................

Marc
ThamnElegans24

Post by ThamnElegans24 »

I hope I'm not giving away too much in saying this, but if it were me, I would take one of a few roads that are west of Phoenix up from the 10 to the 60 and over towards Quartzite. The 60 is usually pretty free of traffic and has all the common lowland stuff, plus more kings than most of the other roads out that way. I can't elaborate any more than that here, but if you need more help PM me. Have fun, good luck, and please share your finds.
MarcLinsalata

Post by MarcLinsalata »

Hi guys - thanks for all of the info. It's Saturday am and I'm still undecided if I want to do the drive to Phoenix :lol: . I don't get done work until about 11 tonight so unsure if I'll go straight after or get up early tomorrow. Just don't have the drive in me. Don't worry, you didn't divulge too much info, Thamn, because I am already familiar with the area between the 10 and 60 and two of the more popular roads there. That was going to be the area I hit (if I feel like even cruising - then again who am I kidding) but was just wondering if there might be something else. I have been in that area twice before. I'll surely post my finds if I go, and if not here, you can always see my stuff in the DB.............Thanks everyone!!!

:beer: :beer:

Marc
Rothdigga

Post by Rothdigga »

I just did pretty much the same thing you're talking about Marc 3 days ago. I had to go to Phoenix on Tues night to show some footwear to the skate shops out there. I found the usual suspects out there on Tues and Wed night coming home. Mostly DOR's unfortunately though, but 2 live sidewinders, DOR Mojave (2), DOR Atrox (2) and a couple Patchnosed DOR's.
I would go right at sundown if possible, only because it seemed like I just missed all the DOR's cause I was out there just too late. PM me if you want.
Hopefully I'm not giving up too much here guys, doesn't seem like brain surgery though.
Brian Hubbs

Post by Brian Hubbs »

I want to see a Sand Snake! Where can I see a Sand Snake? Please PM exact gps for Sand Snake locale. Thank you in advance!