Looking for fellow herpers in FL

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

FloridaSerpent

Looking for fellow herpers in FL

Post by FloridaSerpent »

Hey guys, I went roadcruising yesterday and noticed some fellow herpers flip a rug near JW Corbett Wildlife Management Area. I was in a gold ford taurus and you were in a white blazer. We talked briefly, I wished you guys good luck and continued roadcruising. Anyways I though it'd be cool to herp with like-minded individuals and was hoping to find some herpers on here. If you guys remember me message me and maybe we can go herping together. Otherwise if your not those guys and you live in FL and want to go herping let me know.
Noah M

Re: Looking for fellow herpers in FL

Post by Noah M »

I'm down, but I think you're too far away for regular herping; I don't make it to S. FL that often.
Josh Holbrook

Post by Josh Holbrook »

If you're around Palm Beach County you should check out the South Florida Herp Society (SouthFLHerp.org), lots of field herpers there.
Josh Young

Post by Josh Young »

The white blazer was Bill Barham, he's from NC.
Lloyd Heilbrunn

Post by Lloyd Heilbrunn »

Where are you located?
FloridaSerpent

Post by FloridaSerpent »

captainjack0000- Well if you're ever in my neck of the woods or vice versa feel free to contact me if you're interested in teaming up.

Josh Holbrook- You and Josh young, and Jake scott are all legends in my eyes as far as herping goes in FL. You guys have accomplished finding a lot of herps I hope to find one day. So if any of you ever wanna team up let me know. I don't mind herping solo but I figure it'd be a little more enjoyable to herp with like-minded herpers around here.

Josh Young- The white blazer was two dudes who looked younger than me. I'm 22 so one of them was about my age or younger and the other had to be 15 or 16. Or was that you?

Lloyd Heilbrunn- I'm in Coral Springs but I herp anywhere that I hear is good or that I find that looks good.
Josh Holbrook

Post by Josh Holbrook »

FloridaSerpent wrote:Josh Holbrook- You and Josh young, and Jake scott are all legends in my eyes as far as herping goes in FL. You guys have accomplished finding a lot of herps I hope to find one day. So if any of you ever wanna team up let me know. I don't mind herping solo but I figure it'd be a little more enjoyable to herp with like-minded herpers around here.

I appreciate the sentiments, but I'm a so/so herper at best. I'd love to get out, but I've moved up to western NC - check out the SFHS though, they do lots of field trips and whatnot.
Josh Young

Post by Josh Young »

FloridaSerpent wrote: Josh Holbrook- You and Josh young, and Jake scott are all legends in my eyes as far as herping goes in FL. You guys have accomplished finding a lot of herps I hope to find one day. So if any of you ever wanna team up let me know. I don't mind herping solo but I figure it'd be a little more enjoyable to herp with like-minded herpers around here.

Josh Young- The white blazer was two dudes who looked younger than me. I'm 22 so one of them was about my age or younger and the other had to be 15 or 16. Or was that you?
I'm with Holbrook, I'm so/so as well, I just don't do much of anything but herping, and I too have moved out of state and now reside in south Georgia, but occasionally make my way back down to Palm Beach county. As far as the two kids, one was Bill the NC herper, and the younger one was Michael, he's 17 and he lives in Boca Raton, neither to my knowledge post on here though.