Visiting Tennessee

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Philrezin1

Visiting Tennessee

Post by Philrezin1 » July 16th, 2015, 7:46 pm

Hello all, Any recommendations for a remote cabin in Tennessee that offers good herping/hiking, scenic view, and ideally a cozy feel for my wife and I? We are staying for a few days while traveling to a friends wedding this October. I own a Wild Birds Unlimited and used to be a field ecologist, graduated from U of ILL, and I've herped all over the US including Wisc, IL, Ca, and Fl, with great success. PM if you like. Thanks

kevin h

Re: Visiting Tennessee

Post by kevin h » July 16th, 2015, 9:12 pm

Try Hartford, TN I got some nice duskies in a stream behind a cabin we stayed in there and its not far from the clear creek area of the Smokies which has beautiful hikes.

HerpMan ATL

Post by HerpMan ATL » July 17th, 2015, 12:41 pm

Sevierville borders the Smokies and its beautiful. If you stay in Wears Valley there are lots of little cabins and you are about 7 miles from entry to the park or Pigeon Forge for restaurants and shopping. Prices should be good this time of year too. The Cabin we last stayed in was on Lyon Springs Rd which turns off of Wears Valley Rd. There is a little secret entrance to Park at the end of Lyon Springs rd too that not many people know about.

Philrezin1

Post by Philrezin1 » July 18th, 2015, 9:06 am

Thank you both! We are looking at some places around Pigeon Forge and are ideally hoping for a place that has a mountain view with hot tub and a creek nearby. I will be there in late October so I'm not sure how that will affect the herping but I imagine I'll be fine!