Intro w/video

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Ronzio Verme

Intro w/video

Post by Ronzio Verme »

Hello! Noob here, first post. I am not a herper, but I am outdoors alot and do encounter snakes and lizards frequently. Just the other night I was out for the Perseid meteor shower and this guy sidled up to the picnic table I was laying on. I shot this with my cell phone flashlight and separate video camera. I have some other pics and vids as well if you would like to see them. RV
shredsteban

Re: Intro w/video

Post by shredsteban »

Welcome to the group! Thanks for sharing the awesome video. Looks like a Speckled Rattlesnake to me. I'm sure most people here would like to see any photos that you have :D
craigb

Post by craigb »

ricrabt

Post by ricrabt »

Just curious, what county was that speck from?
Ronzio Verme

Post by Ronzio Verme »

That one was from eastern Riverside County. Here's one I met up with two years ago whilst fishing a SoCal stream. I was moving (too quickly) in a pinch point in the canyon and startled it. I hovered like Criss Angel until I collected my wits enough to get the camera out. I used the zoom on this one, did not want to get too close or trip on a rock and fall face first into it. RV
ricrabt

Post by ricrabt »

Nice, you can enter them in naherp.com if would like, or i can do it for you if you wish....
Ronzio Verme

Post by Ronzio Verme »

I do not know what that is, but if it involves revealing locations I must defer. I'm a fisherman and by nature, very tight lipped. RV
ricrabt

Post by ricrabt »

Location is keep private unless you decide to release it. You would be asked if you want a particular record to be released and info on who is requesting it and why. Go to naherp.com and look how it is set up. Then you can decide if you want to help. Our records are used to determine if a species should be added to the special concern list or perhaps removed as well as other scientific projects.
Ronzio Verme

Post by Ronzio Verme »

I shall check into it, and if i don't do it, I'll give you the information by pm. RV
ricrabt

Post by ricrabt »

No problem. ..