Dedicated exclusively to field herping.
Moderator: Scott Waters
- Posts: 2136
- Joined: March 19th, 2011, 6:43 pm
I like the top one. Seems to maintain a more natural look, as if you were standing there looking at it through your eyes. Whereas the bottom looks less authentic however more clearly displays the pattern of the feathers
- Posts: 427
- Joined: August 24th, 2010, 8:34 pm
- Location: Los Angeles County
I like the top one with the left side cropped out.
How did you get the agaves to hold still?
Where's the herp
- Posts: 638
- Joined: June 16th, 2010, 7:09 am
- Location: Santa Cruz Co. California
I like #2, a little lighter and more contrast. Just my two cents.
Both are great and certainly much better than anything I could be lucky enough to come up with.
- Posts: 722
- Joined: October 20th, 2011, 3:39 pm
- Location: Santa Clara Co. , CA
Really nice pic, Nicholas
I like the lower contrast and subtler lighting of the first pic.
- Posts: 1472
- Joined: June 7th, 2010, 5:12 pm
- Location: Orange County, CA
Doesn't really matter, because your going to win that contest with either picture. If you have to submit them in print form, the color will change some, most likely darker. I'd go with the one that is highest resolution and, if their both the same, i choose the bottom one. Good luck, but i don't think you're going to be needing much luck.
- Posts: 1184
- Joined: June 7th, 2010, 7:50 am
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
I prefer the top, but maybe just because I saw it first.
- Posts: 8025
- Joined: June 8th, 2010, 7:12 am
- Location: Hesperia, California.
# 2 more vibrant...
owl bet you win...
- Posts: 1131
- Joined: May 14th, 2011, 11:16 pm
- Location: Santa Cruz, CA
I agree with Fieldnotes. Get a bag, so you can put this one in it.
- Posts: 4733
- Joined: June 7th, 2010, 10:41 am
- Location: "Buy My Books"-land
I like #2, but I would crop some of the left side out of the pic.
- Posts: 1834
- Joined: June 7th, 2010, 8:38 pm
- Location: Los Angeles
Okay, thanks for the replies everyone. I made a copy in between the two because it seems like its fifty fifty.