2015 in the New York State (same as main forum)

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

NewYorkHerper16

2015 in the New York State (same as main forum)

Post by NewYorkHerper16 »

MCHerper

Re: 2015 in the New York State (same as main forum)

Post by MCHerper »

I'm often blown away by the talent on this forum but your pictures are on a whole other level. Amazing pictures! I love the non-herp photos as well (Long Island in the fall, etc). It takes skill to capture the beauty of nature but it really takes something rare and special to get photographs that resonate with the viewer the way yours do. Outstanding job, and keep up the good work!

MC
NewYorkHerper16

Thanks so much MC! That is one of the nicest comments anyone has ever left me! I'm so glad my passion seems to be translating through my pictures, that's the whole goal!

-Alex
Kyle from Carolina

Post by Kyle from Carolina »

Nice assortment of critters. I especially like the bird photos. Those owl shots are awesome, as is the gull with the pigeon.

Are black ratsnakes common where you are in NY?
NewYorkHerper16

Thanks Kyle! I'm still somewhat new to bird photography, but I'll get a lot more practice this winter to pass the time when the herps aren't out! I'm glad you enjoyed them!

In certain parts of NY they are fairly common, but they are absent from my part of the state. The spot I herped in to see them is in Orange County, where they are spotted often. They've got a spotty distribution in NY, so it can be hit or miss with them. Other than Orange County, they are found reasonably often in Sullivan, Rockland, and Westchester Counties.

-Alex
shredsteban

Post by shredsteban »

Great variety and awesome photos! Really enjoyed your landscape and amphibian photos. Good stuff :beer:
ZantiMissKnit

Post by ZantiMissKnit »

These are great! We all need to put together some good EOY posts.
NewYorkHerper16

Thanks Andrea and Nick! For as long as i've been following FHF (long before i finally became a member), the EOY posts were something i always looked foward to! It was great to see everybody's photos on regular posts and even on the Facebook group, but there's something special about seeing them all compiled together toward the end of herp season!

-Alex