It is currently September 19th, 2018, 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: looking for a herping partner in San Diego or Oceanside
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2016, 7:12 pm 

Hi, I'm planning on coming out to Southern California from March 17th to March 22nd. I don't really have anything set at this time, but I want to look for snakes either in San Diego or Oceanside or somewhere in between. I've found a few rubers, kingsnakes, gophersnakes, gartners, and South Pacific rattlers in the San Diego area. I've seen one rosy boa in Joshua Tree and I'd like to see more.

About me: I'm Scott. I live in Mesa, AZ. I don't collect snakes. I'm 43 years old and am fit, so I won't slow you down. I don't get out locations. I'll give out road cruising areas because I believe that it's best that people remove critters off the road than to see them smashed. I use a broom to remove them off the road.

I plan on going to Joshua Tree on the first day, March 17th, and then to San Diego county or Riverside County on the 2nd and 3rd day. I'll probably hit Joshua Tree NP or Mecca Hills on the last day or two. You are welcome to join me at Joshua Tree NP as well.

Anyway, I know this is a long shot, and I don't use this forum often, so let me know if you are interested. You don't have to show me your favorite boarding spot. I have 2 good boarding spots in AZ that I love to hit up every now and then, but if you want to hit up a new area, I'm game. I can give you my facebook page and whatever else you want.

Thanks for reading...

Scott