Playing in the rain

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Philrezin1

Playing in the rain

Post by Philrezin1 »

I will be out Tuesday night playing in the rain, mostly in northern IL and likely some southern WI early Weds morning. If anyone is planning the same or bored, feel free to PM me!
Russ Jerome

Re: Playing in the rain

Post by Russ Jerome »

People have been posting singular pics of Salamanders in transit regionally so I was excited to hit my known producing area's...first year I have been skunked in memory. Waist deep in shallow lakes and into land flipping without a single sighting! Im not late in my area or I would see blue spotted young ones still under logs, Im not early as the same logs are over wintering locations. Felt like I was a movie, I "never" get skunked, always the first to post in early spring. Lots of large tad poles, assuming late born 2015 as still ice on my ponds.
bnsf97

Post by bnsf97 »

Going cruising tonight in Cedarburg Bog, Jackson Marsh area. Anyone had any luck in this area yet? I've never cruised midwest (from California).
Russ Jerome

Post by Russ Jerome »

Primarily blue spotted salamanders, being they are smaller you will have to drive slow. Roll East to west on southside followed by Northbound west of Pond. There are 4 toed in area as well, again tiny so may want to hit park in daylight to access area. Let m,e know how you do, havent been there in 2 years. Jackson marsh wont be as good area.