Arkansas Herping Trip

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Aneides Aeneus

Arkansas Herping Trip

Post by Aneides Aeneus »

Hey south central herpers,

My name is Ananth; I am a high-school age herper from Lexington, Kentucky. The week after next week (March 26 - April 3) is our spring break, so my dad, my friend Kevin Hutcheson (another forum member), his dad, and I are planning to spend 8 or 9 days in Arkansas. We will be spending two days in the lowlands, working our way southeast to Little Rock, then spending three days in the Ouachitas, before heading north into the Ozarks in southern Missouri. We've got most of our trip worked out already, but we have no experience herping in the area, so we'd love to meet up with someone who could show us around for a half-day or a day. We are especially interested in observing Crotalus atrox, but we would love to see other species as well. If any of you guys would like to meet up with us, please send me a PM!
I can assure you that we are all very careful not to disrupt the habitat when we herp, we never collect, and we don't share people's sites with anyone else. If you'd like to see one of my past posts on the forum, you can find one here:
http://www.fieldherpforum.com/forum/vie ... 11&t=22197

Thanks,
Ananth
kevin h

Re: Arkansas Herping Trip

Post by kevin h »

Hey Ananth that's very interesting I have a similar trip planned for around the same time too. What a coincidence! ;)
Mulebrother

Re: Arkansas Herping Trip

Post by Mulebrother »

How did your trip go? We've had some decent weather, so hopefully you found lots...