SnakeDays time again

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

tanks

SnakeDays time again

Post by tanks »

Good Afternoon,

We are once again offering full page color advertisements in the program we print for SnakeDays. These are printed in very high quality and we distribute about 150 programs at the event. The cost of printing the program is considerable, and we have been able to fund it every year by selling these advertisements.

Only full pages are available and the cost is $150.

You provide a ready to print ad. Images, text, and graphics must be high resolution. Contact me if you have any questions. The deadline for submitting is May 1st.

We also need items donated for our silent auction....contact me of Jeff Adams if you can contribute.

Thanks for your continued patronage of SnakeDays!

See you June 3-5
Bryan Hamilton

Re: SnakeDays time again

Post by Bryan Hamilton »

What exactly are "SnakeDays" and how do we find out more about them?
chris_mcmartin

Post by chris_mcmartin »

Bryan Hamilton wrote:What exactly are "SnakeDays" and how do we find out more about them?
http://www.snakedays.com/

I'm finishing the analysis of last year's attendee survey...of note, the per-capita expenditures reported for the Sanderson area during Snake Days is EXACTLY THE SAME as that reported for the Sweetwater roundup! (using their economic analysis)

Jeff, you may want to update the site again...this is the 5th year!
klawnskale

Post by klawnskale »

Snake Days in June; how 'bout any of you Texas Folk fixin' to attend the Southwest PARC Meeting in August in Alpine? Herping Trip in Big Bend included in the programs. I maybe going to this. They are offering inexpensive student housing if you don't want to splurge on motels. Overall, PARC meetings are generally very affordable. When I find out more info, I will post it. Just think crossing over to buy tacos in Boquillas! :beer:
chris_mcmartin

Post by chris_mcmartin »

klawnskale wrote:Snake Days in June; how 'bout any of you Texas Folk fixin' to attend the Southwest PARC Meeting in August in Alpine? Herping Trip in Big Bend included in the programs.
Dates? It'd be fun, if I don't have work during that time frame.

When you say "Big Bend," do you mean within the NP or just the Big Bend area in general? I'd like to see what an organized herping trip is like in that area and how it's run (day? night? walking cuts? illegal cruising? etc.). :)
klawnskale

Post by klawnskale »

Dates? It'd be fun, if I don't have work during that time frame.

When you say "Big Bend," do you mean within the NP or just the Big Bend area in general? I'd like to see what an organized herping trip is like in that area and how it's run (day? night? walking cuts? illegal cruising? etc.). :)[/quote]

It will be August 11th through 14th. I am going to see if I can get the time off myself for it. Starting a new job at Sequoia National Park next month. Hopefully it will work out for me on a 4 days on 3 days off week. PARC Meetings are comprised of a lot of government agency personnel (both state and Federal bios) so it would not surprise me in the least if the herping would actually be within the park itself. No idea what techniques would be used. I am quite aware handling herps and shining lights in rock cuts is a big "no- no" in Texas State Regs. But there will probably be NPS personnel there so it would be interesting to see what they do...